Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
So much history

A great piece of history that not taught much in any history books.The fact the dwelling date back... read more

Reviewed 11 September 2018
Karen B
Motercycle ride

Drove by on main rd 1000 times never thought anything about it.Free pass from library worth way... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2017
brewmanj
Delmar, New York

All reviews upstate ny many years original house great piece of history history lesson oldest building his wife dutch site barn greene shelby generations structure pieter library addition
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Even if you have a passing interest in history, check out the Bronk Museum. It's a real gem. It includes the oldest existing house in New York State. Nearly 100 years older than most historical structures. Our tour guide was excellent. So knowledgeable and able to impart a lot of information in an interesting way. I feel like I learned a tremendous amount. Our tour was nearly 90 minutes, but my sense is that a regular tour is only about an hour. The grounds are also very nice. The $6 you will pay for a tour is a huge bargain. We have talked a lot about what we learned and really feel like we spent a worthwhile afternoon at the Bronk Museum. Highly recommend this place!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank catsnotkids
Reviewed 10 August 2016

This was quite interesting - several buildings on the properties and an octagon shaped barn - that was built without nails. It is very large. The Bronx was named for the Bronck family which originally came from the Bronx.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 26 July 2016

The people who work there are well versed in the items displayed and enjoy their tours. These people live here in the area and are members of the local historical society. They have been given awards. We are proud of them. A local historical society lecture is always interesting as well. Many of the members have lived here all their lives and are descendents of people who lived here. My grandfather used to work in the ice industry, when ice was harvested from the Hudson River and shipped south.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 15 March 2016

One of the most important historic sites in the whole country of the Dutch settling in the Hudson River area

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank jb_coxny
Reviewed 14 October 2015

One could spend quite a bit of time here, there is lots to see for what seems like a small site. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable about the Dutch, their buildings and their lifestyles. I was there to learn about my Dutch ancestry and although I have read extensively on the Dutch, I learned a bit more here. There are other outbuildings to see as well as the main home. A nice peaceful spot along a creek, and a nice spot to wander a bit.

Date of experience: October 2015