“Do not stay here!”

Red Carpet Inn Coxsackie
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coxsackie
Reviewed 7 September 2016

We were very tired and thought we were at a Red Roof Inn. Should of realized that it would be bad when we saw the refund policy in large writing on the register. The room was somewhat clean except the carpet was filthy, the beds uncomfortable and the tv didn't really work(no sound). Ended up using our own linens(luckily we had been camping) and leaving at the crack of dawn.

Room Tip: Better to sleep in your car
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth Y

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

We booked here because we were going to a family anniversary party . We arrived and paid and got the key to the room. The guy at the desk said check out the room because if you want to switch I will have to do it now not later. That should have been our first clue! We went to the room and was horrified. How do you charge people for this. Shower had all rust stains on walls. Peeling paint, musty. We went back and got another key and the second room was not much better really run down hotel. He would not refund our money because we booked on travelocity but I could not sleep in that room ! After many calls Frim travelocity to the hotel directly he agreed to refund our money and we found another hotel. It took 2 hrs of our time because this place is allowed to rent disgusting rooms to the public. Do yourself a favor do not stay here!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bradylady918
Reviewed 25 July 2016

A bit tattered and worn, the place was clean and reasonably priced. Stay on the side of the building away from the NY State Thruway to avoid highway noise. Our room was advertised as coming with breakfast- which it did not and for which the owner was decidedly not apologetic.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Why didn't they pay me to stay here? Deep brown ring in toilet, sink water splashed everywhere, water tasted funny off and I had to rinse my face and mouth with bottled water after prepping for bed. I was afraid to shower or walk barefoot in the room. But it was late and I slept in the bed. Maybe it was better that way. I woke up to the horror of realizing where I had spent the might. I paid and inquired with apprehension if there was a free breakfast so I could get coffee. Coffee might be safe, right? They said breakfast was extra. I felt relieved, drove away to cleaner pastures and never looked back.

Room Tip: Drive past this motel and try the Holiday Inn down the road.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrippingAllOver
Reviewed 30 December 2015

THIS HOTEL STINKS IS DIRTY AND HAS BED BUGS! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! Worst hotel you can pick also i got double charged they took a company card over expidia and then asked for card when we got there and charged both. Person at hotel is very rude!!!

Room Tip: no rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank bestshoppingcartman

Been to Red Carpet Inn Coxsackie? Share your experiences!