Red Carpet Inn Coxsackie
Peloke's Motel(Catskill)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2016

A bit tattered and worn, the place was clean and reasonably priced. Stay on the side of the building away from the NY State Thruway to avoid highway noise. Our room was advertised as coming with breakfast- which it did not and for which the owner was decidedly not apologetic.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Why didn't they pay me to stay here? Deep brown ring in toilet, sink water splashed everywhere, water tasted funny off and I had to rinse my face and mouth with bottled water after prepping for bed. I was afraid to shower or walk barefoot in the room. But it was late and I slept in the bed. Maybe it was better that way. I woke up to the horror of realizing where I had spent the might. I paid and inquired with apprehension if there was a free breakfast so I could get coffee. Coffee might be safe, right? They said breakfast was extra. I felt relieved, drove away to cleaner pastures and never looked back.

Room Tip: Drive past this motel and try the Holiday Inn down the road.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TrippingAllOver
Reviewed 30 December 2015

THIS HOTEL STINKS IS DIRTY AND HAS BED BUGS! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! Worst hotel you can pick also i got double charged they took a company card over expidia and then asked for card when we got there and charged both. Person at hotel is very rude!!!

Room Tip: no rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank bestshoppingcartman
Reviewed 24 November 2015

Went here because I waited too long to make reservations at another local property and my dates were all booked. Stayed here about 3 years ago and the scenario were about the same. No friendly smiling face at check in, just a robotic human with a blank stare.
The property does have a diner which served the usual diner fare that I thought was good enough to get me started in the morning. They also have a bar/lounge across from the diner that I enjoyed having a few drinks while watching an MMA fight. the bartender was very sociable and poured a good drink.
Keep in mind, this is a truck stop and vehicles are in and out at all hours but not too noisy to my surprise. The store is open all hours if you feel like a cold drink or a late night snack.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2015

We travel for business and have stayed at this property over the years under different ownerships.
We're done.
No more.
Three strikes and you are out.
Rooms are dated, mid winter and the rooms are almost freezing, so/so clean and the desk staff have no concept of hospitality. Not that it was great with previous owners either.
So go elsewhere and pay more. You are throwing your money out the window at this place.
I would rather sleep in my car. We do 100+ hotel nights a year so I am a well seasoned traveler.

Room Tip: Keep driving, save your money.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business