Red Carpet Inn Coxsackie
Good 3.5/5
The Barlow(Hudson)
Average 3/5
    Average 3/5
      See what travellers are saying:
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 24 November 2015

Went here because I waited too long to make reservations at another local property and my dates were all booked. Stayed here about 3 years ago and the scenario were about the same. No friendly smiling face at check in, just a robotic human with a blank stare.
      The property does have a diner which served the usual diner fare that I thought was good enough to get me started in the morning. They also have a bar/lounge across from the diner that I enjoyed having a few drinks while watching an MMA fight. the bartender was very sociable and poured a good drink.
      Keep in mind, this is a truck stop and vehicles are in and out at all hours but not too noisy to my surprise. The store is open all hours if you feel like a cold drink or a late night snack.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
      Reviewed 1 October 2015

We travel for business and have stayed at this property over the years under different ownerships.
      We're done.
      No more.
      Three strikes and you are out.
      Rooms are dated, mid winter and the rooms are almost freezing, so/so clean and the desk staff have no concept of hospitality. Not that it was great with previous owners either.
      So go elsewhere and pay more. You are throwing your money out the window at this place.
      I would rather sleep in my car. We do 100+ hotel nights a year so I am a well seasoned traveler.

Room Tip: Keep driving, save your money.
      • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
      2  Thank VanCortlandt
      Reviewed 29 September 2015

It was a turn off to be given a sheet to fill out, upon check in, that we'd need to tell them about in the first half hour... naming anything broken or missing, that we'd be charged for, if it wasn't mentioned.
      In a 4 day stay, my shower was cold within a couple minutes, 3 times for me, and 1 for a friend in another room. There was a response back, when I reported it each time that they'd checked it and there was no issue wrong with it...
      My feedback for them was that they may not have the hot water heater turned up high enough, that warm water was running out...
      The property was not kept up... Truck stop motel, basically
      Good price, and no bugs & the sheets were clean, but the hot water/shower an issue...
      Fortunately, we requested to be on the side where the 87 Thruway was not going by. I think the other side would have had noise issues...!

Room Tip: Side away from the 87 Thruway quieter, by a bit...
      • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
      2  Thank Tricia F
      Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

The motel is situated next to the highway which is not the problem. The rooms are big and the floor is sticky from million of guests being there before. Plastic blankets and a carpet that makes you believe you get the coxsacki virus right away are really the worst thing. What made it a real motel experience was the night time activity that was going on the whole night in the room beside us. The good pan cake and the thin coffee rounded it up in the morning. Thanks for this movie like experience.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
      Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

I have been coming to this place for the last 20 years & have been through 3 different owners.This is the cleanest these rooms have ever been.i just need a clean bed & a hot morning shower.There are two other hotels down the street that charge over double with nothing special about them.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo