See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Let me start from the beginning at our one night stay (booked two nights) in the hotel from hell. Upon driving up to the hotel around 9 pm, we were greeted (accosted) by the owner who promptly told me no pets were allowed and pointed to the universal "no pets allowed" sign on the door to the tiny lobby. I responded that our furry friend was a service animal and it was noted in the reservation confirmation. I also showed him Romeo's service identification. Mr.. S. then stated there was a $25 charge for animals and I told him it was against the law to charge for service animals. He then demanded to see the reservation confirmation and I showed him where it stated "with service dog" under special requests. He said I should have called, and I asked him where does it say that? Mr. S. then went on a lame explanation of how people try and beat him out of paying the upcharge when clearly their pet is not a service dog. I confirmed there would be no charge for the service dog, and he relented. Upon checking into the room we noticed the bathtub drain was filthy, only two bath towels, the lamp over the wardrobe did not work and the skimpy coffee offerings. My wife was so upset that she refused to stay another night and I went to the office and advised Mr. S. and he said 'not a problem'. The next day I checked out and was helped by a relative (daughter?) who was very pleasant. When I asked about the credit for the second night, she asked me to call Booking.com, to make the cancellation, which was handled by Valerie professionally. Please note this property is not part of the Wyndam Travel Lodge chain, so buyer beware if you think you'll receive Wyndam rewards points.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Driving in I was amazed and the overflowing flower baskets and gardens and then I got to my room. It was clean, tastefully 1950's, yet still totally modern. AC, WiFi, flatscreen all added modern touches to this trip back into time.

Room tip: No elevator to the 2nd floor. request 1st floor if you need to avoid stairs. the views of the valley from upstairs worth the climb.
Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 7 August 2017

This hotel is pretty basic, but we got a clean, spacious, private room with a comfortable bed, working bath, sitting/eating area, food prep area with microwave, fridge and coffee maker for a reasonable price. We were in the King Studio, which is on the second floor, having a nice view of mountains (and the gas station across the street) and on the other side a nice view of the woods up a steep slope in the back. This room is also good because, unlike other rooms, people can't walk in front of your window, so you can keep the curtains wide open. The location was good, in close proximity to Chatham, Taconic Parkway and Interstate, but far enough away for relative quiet. Some details need to be fixed, such as broken chain lock from inside the room lessens security level, and bathroom fixtures need an upgrade. The shower was tiny. Wi-fi and TV reception both have some issues. But overall, we were satisfied with the room for the money.

Room tip: King Studio on second floor is spacious and has more privacy than some other rooms where people can walk right by your window.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017

This was a overnight stop on the way to Cooperstown, NY. We booked on line. The motel is straight out of the 60's. Beds were hard and uncomfortable, Bathroom old and outdated but functional. Certainly no frills. There was a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room. Carpeting was sticky. The room was clean but smelled from maybe too much febrez. No vending or ice machines. Citgo is across the street if you need snacks or gas. It did have free wifi. I would spend extra money to stay at a named hotel.

Room tip: Spend extra money and go else where.
Date of stay: August 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We use travel lodge a lot as you know what you are getting and this one is brilliant. Lovely rooms, very spacious and clean and lovely staff. It is set in lovely surroundings, very pleasant and peaceful

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple