“Great atmosphere and food !”

The New York Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The New York Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Catskill
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Innkeepers at our bed and breakfast recommended (Van Winkle Inn) when they found out I was Polish. We had the tour of Poland with Polish Sausage , stuffed cabbage and pierogie. It was delicious . The only time I have tasted food like my Grandmothers. They also have plenty other choices that looked great too- from pasta to burgers.

3  Thank mmousin

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The New York is the hippest laid back cozy restaurant within 150 miles of Catskill.
The Polish inspired cuisine is sensational. Don't shy away from the Polish cuisine, it is prepared in a fresh modern style while capturing old world flavor.
The music on Friday October 27 was incredible.
I will return again and again.

1  Thank SayHpd
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We do work for a company in the Hudson Valley, so we are constantly traversing the Hudson River on both sides, and looking for interesting places to dine. Catskill, NY- who would have thought that in this sleepy little town there would be such a great find as this. My advice would be that although there are certainly plenty of other items to choose from on the menu, go Polish. The kielbasa is superb, as are the pierogies (they bring them up from Greenpoint, Brooklyn, which is still a rather sizeable Polish enclave there). We feasted on a selection of small plates. The kielbasa is served with homemade sauerkraut, the pierogies are served with a delicious bacon-onion chutney (and some sour cream, if you so desire). We also tried the Brussels sprouts "chips." So yummy...flash fried with parm cheese and some truffle oil (I think on top). They'll change you from a Brussels sprouts' hater into a Brussels sprouts' lover (seriously, not a lot of people like Brussels sprouts really)! They had a good selection of beers (there is at least one Polish beer that I noticed on the menu) and wines, as well as some super creative cocktails. We enjoyed the cranberry Moscow mule. We like Moscow mules in general, but the touch of cranberry cut the strong flavor of the ginger beer and we really thought it was great. Service was great. The host was very accommodating - and busy. He moved around the dining room, pitching in where needed, not just standing at the host stand in front of the restaurant. Our waiter was terrific. Friendly and efficient, he delivered our food in a timely fashion and made sure to check back a couple of times to be sure we were okay and didn't need anything. You can also purchase the kielbasa and pierogies (and a few of their other items) to take home, so we bought a couple. We were there for brunch/lunch. The full menu is available at 5 p.m. We're looking forward to going back and having the "Taste of Poland" with a few of the items we didn't get to try! Just superb.

5  Thank nyackgirl47
Reviewed 15 October 2017

WE were in Catskill for an auction after we stopped in to the New York Restaurant for lunch we both had a cheese burger with fries - the burgers were huge and very good - we got an order of wings to go - a nice place.

1  Thank Lori A
Reviewed 13 October 2017

My husband and I recently visited this area and had lunch at The New York Restaurant. The atmosphere was nice. My husband had the chicken club sandwich and I had a steak salad; both were good. The waiter was friendly and accommodating and the service was good. The price was average. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice place to eat while in this town.