“Great place”

The New York Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The New York Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Catskill
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

2nd time there. Loved it. Great vibe and energy. Friendly people. Good martinis and red wines. Helpful staff. The Brussel chips were awesome. Burgers were great, salmon was excellent, new York Flatbread was good too. Great bar scene too. Did not do desserts. I really like this place.

3  Thank bruce t

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Let's just say when New York York restaurant closed for around 10 days in January, I went into shock. For me the weak link in the chain is it's burger. I've had it three times. Once was good and twice it left me flat. But those sweet potato fries. OMG! I would get on a plane for those fries. And the roast chicken. By far the best I've ever had. And I've had a lot.

Let's just put it this, I was having dinner in LA a few weeks ago, and I found myself missing this place. I was having dinner in Mexico City just last weekend and I found myself missing this place. I am about to get on a plane to go to Miami tomorrow and I am already missing this place.

I am not sure what it is, the duck is amongst the best I've ever had, the burger is hit or miss, the steak was just ok, the roast chicken divinely inspired and totally addictive, the tacos on Tacos Tuesday pretty good but not mind blowing, the margaritas rivaling those of Tulum, the staff super cool - in an upstate sort of way, and then there is Natasha, the owner, a local legend at a young age. She is the reason why everyone feels welcome. Whether it be date night. Out for a drink with buddies. Taking the family out to dinner.

Hers is the sort of place where you just come as you are, for whatever the occasion may be, and you will leave happy. No fuss. No attitude. Just good food. Good vibes. Good service. And at a prices that, at least for this transplant from Brooklyn, keeps me coming back for more every time.

1  Thank 212
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

A friend suggested that we come here for our post holiday celebration. It's a really cool setting. Service is efficient and friendly.
Our meal was just okay. Two of had veggie burgers, one had a flatbread pizza. I was pleased that they offered a Malbec. We ordered a bottle. We shared a meat appetizer and a dessert. Our friend had two beers. The total came to $117 without tip. Only $25 of that was the wine. The good wasn't terrible, but I won't be rushing back.

2  Thank Leftigur
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We came for lunch and for the quality and quantity of food, the price is incredible. My partner had the yummy tomato bisque as a daily special, I had the roast beef au jus. Service is very attentive. Highly recommend

1  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Took daughter last night for her 17th birthday. Great food, ambience and service! It was a snowy day, and when you entered, a warmth spread throughout. I loved how the restraunt is set-up. I ordered a hamburger with the hand-cut fries. YUM!! Their fries were amazing and the hamburger cooked perfectly. My daughter and wife got the ahi tuna and curry. They both truly enjoyed their dish. My other daughter ordered the half chicken, and would definitely order it again. We will be back!

3  Thank Stivy27