“It ain't perfect, but it's close ”

The New York Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The New York Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Catskill
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Let's just say when New York York restaurant closed for around 10 days in January, I went into shock. For me the weak link in the chain is it's burger. I've had it three times. Once was good and twice it left me flat. But those sweet potato fries. OMG! I would get on a plane for those fries. And the roast chicken. By far the best I've ever had. And I've had a lot.

Let's just put it this, I was having dinner in LA a few weeks ago, and I found myself missing this place. I was having dinner in Mexico City just last weekend and I found myself missing this place. I am about to get on a plane to go to Miami tomorrow and I am already missing this place.

I am not sure what it is, the duck is amongst the best I've ever had, the burger is hit or miss, the steak was just ok, the roast chicken divinely inspired and totally addictive, the tacos on Tacos Tuesday pretty good but not mind blowing, the margaritas rivaling those of Tulum, the staff super cool - in an upstate sort of way, and then there is Natasha, the owner, a local legend at a young age. She is the reason why everyone feels welcome. Whether it be date night. Out for a drink with buddies. Taking the family out to dinner.

Hers is the sort of place where you just come as you are, for whatever the occasion may be, and you will leave happy. No fuss. No attitude. Just good food. Good vibes. Good service. And at a prices that, at least for this transplant from Brooklyn, keeps me coming back for more every time.

1  Thank 212

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

A friend suggested that we come here for our post holiday celebration. It's a really cool setting. Service is efficient and friendly.
Our meal was just okay. Two of had veggie burgers, one had a flatbread pizza. I was pleased that they offered a Malbec. We ordered a bottle. We shared a meat appetizer and a dessert. Our friend had two beers. The total came to $117 without tip. Only $25 of that was the wine. The good wasn't terrible, but I won't be rushing back.

2  Thank Leftigur
Reviewed 28 December 2016

We came for lunch and for the quality and quantity of food, the price is incredible. My partner had the yummy tomato bisque as a daily special, I had the roast beef au jus. Service is very attentive. Highly recommend

1  Thank Lesley S
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Took daughter last night for her 17th birthday. Great food, ambience and service! It was a snowy day, and when you entered, a warmth spread throughout. I loved how the restraunt is set-up. I ordered a hamburger with the hand-cut fries. YUM!! Their fries were amazing and the hamburger cooked perfectly. My daughter and wife got the ahi tuna and curry. They both truly enjoyed their dish. My other daughter ordered the half chicken, and would definitely order it again. We will be back!

3  Thank Stivy27
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Visited this restaurant on a Saturday night and found it to be packed which was a good sign. The tables and seating areas are crowded and we were seated on a bench where we had to physically move the table to get in and out, which was unique. The lighting is quite dim with flashlights provided to read the menu, which was unique. The food was good....not great. We were very happy with our appetizers (the grilled shrimp and a pierogi special). The entrees were passable but not great. I ordered a Mahi mahi special which the waitress said was seared to a medium rare....it was neither seared nor medium rare. The sides were good, however. Probably should know better than to order fish at this type of restaurant. Overall it is a good option for Catskill....but there are much better options across the river in Hudson.

3  Thank BrianSaugerties