“Excellent”
Review of 394 Main Wine Bar

394 Main Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 53 Restaurants in Catskill
Price range: US$5 - US$75
Description: Wine bar with eclectic bites and local food and drink. Fascinating wine selections by sommelier Daniel Combs. House made breads, pastries, and charcuterie, together with the best wines from around the world.
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Recently reopened with new chef and menu. Party of 6 on April 18th and everyone was impressed. Will return often.

1  Thank Joseph S

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Went here for twice within a few days, once for lunch and the second time for dinner, after my favorite chef, Salah Alygad, and his partner Denise McCarroll, who previously ran a restaurant in Accord, took opened 394 Main, now a Mediterranean Bistro. The food and service were impeccable. I had a lamb burger with yogurt and tabouli for lunch and the person I was with had the crab cake. All was great. For dinner I had rock shrimp and scallop risotto, and a date and orange with with greens salad which were just awesome. Everyone else at my table--and there were six--was extremely happy with their meals. The kitchen is very small and there's a bit of a wait, but it's worth it for food prepared by Salah. He is truly a superb chef and remains my favorite.

3  Thank Matthew S
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I grew up in Catskill and return occasionally. Each time I find it a bit funkier. And 394 Main is a treasure.

I had the Moroccan Salmon and it was wonderful, with dried fruit, nuts, a type of yogurt with Mediterranean vegetables and couscous on the side.

I sat at the bar and got to know the new owners, including Salah, the chef from Alexandria, Egypt, as I chatted with cool patrons.

Next time I come back, 394 Main is on my list.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Went here recently with my wife for a lunch in between appointments one weekday. Went early in the lunch period, but it did fill up! My wife had a great salad and I had a mushroom pate on a great bread. I could see it being fresh made, and it tasted that fresh. We had a very good cappuccino . Not cheap, but not expensive. Service was very informative, helpful and efficient.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Wish Catskill had more places like this! Food is consistently good, and the service is always friendly and welcoming.