“Disappointing food, service, and atmosphere”

Creek Side Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 54 Restaurants in Catskill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Arrived at 6 pm Friday evening. Restaurant was not crowded, although the bar was lively. Our order was taken promptly; but it took a long time to get the food; and when my tenderloin arrived, it was not rare but medium well, with a hard black burned section. Meanwhile, the bar became unbearably loud; the doors between bar and dining room were wide open, and people were shouting and screaming. Server apologized for my charred steak and length of time for it to arrive; and reduced our bill. Still, not sure I'll return; if they can't do better than this early on a Friday evening, I doubt they ever can.

Salad was fresh, dressing home-made. And water view was nice, but obscured by spillover from the bar, people outside drinking, smoking, and screaming.

5  Thank Lauren620

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely time here last night with my boyfriend, we sat outside on the deck and got entertained by watching golfers across the stream. For drinks he had a bass beer (he was requested yuengling but they didn't have it so they suggested the bass instead- he liked it) and I had the white sangria which was quite refreshing. For dinner he had the burger and I had the caprese salad- both were first rate! Loved the casual atmosphere and the nice view along with a good meal.

4  Thank rocknroll52
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I first went to Creekside for an office Christmas party. For a party of over 30 people, the buffet style food was awesome. Fish, chicken, steak and all the sides were hot and tasty. I live locally and never really thought of coming for dinner, but when I decided to try it for dinner, I was so pleasantly surprised. The steaks were cooked to perfection, the cold sesame noodles were excellent and the potatoes and vegetables were delicately seasoned. In the good weather you can sit outside looking at Catskill Creek. I wouldn't suggest sitting in the bar area as it gets a little loud, especially if any kind of sports is on the television. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who lives here or is visiting the area. The ambiance is definitely very casual and from what I can tell, the clientele is mostly local.

2  Thank Loretta M
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Last Minute decision, leads to a great meal. As we had no set plans, except to celebrate Valentines Day. The quest to find someplace, we hadn't been to, ever or in along while lead us to the Creekside. They fit us in with no reservations. What followed was an Amazing meal. Nancy and I had the same dish, a filet with an horseradish glaze, mashed potatoes, and steamed squash. Talk about melt in your mouth, yummy. We topped it off with a shared cheesecake for desert, also delicious. This restaurant is part of a marina, and nestled on the Catskill Creek. It has a small bar, a far sized dining area, and outside seating during the summer season. The inside could use some TLC, but still looks nice, and the waitstaff was exceptional, during a busy night. We will return, and experience the summertime atmosphere.

8  Thank Mitchell P
Reviewed 14 January 2017

We were a party of 8 for dinner. Called ahead and they had a table ready for us. The waitress NEVER came to the table on her own. We had to flag her down to get drinks, again for an appetizer, again to order dinner and dessert we just simply gave up. Food was OK, nothing great but the service was absolutely non-existent.

6  Thank VacaCouple2014