“For the price, one of the worst places I've ever stayed. The room smell is GROSS!”

Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Catskill
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We were going to a party and needed a place to stay for one night. All the name hotels in the area were booked so we tried this one. What a mistake. To call it dated would be a gross understatement. The room look like it belonged in an abandoned house. That was bad enough but what was really awful was the smell in the rooms. It was so musty that it was nauseating. And there were no amenities at all, not even shampoo. The towels were thin and scratchy. The soap was broken in half. The TV remote was missing the back and the TV was at least 20 years old. Wi-fi was non-existent in the room. To be fair, the pool looked good and the grounds were nice. I guess if we didn't have to go inside it would have been fine! If the rates were lower, so would my expectations have been. But when a remote place charges $156 for one night, I think we had the right to expect more. I did complain to the front desk clerk when I checked out but she seemed disinterested and told me that they don't usually hear any complaints. I find that difficult to believe.

Room Tip: Don't think there are any.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PelSur

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

A friend and I wanted to plan a girls weekend, and after reading so many great reviews, we decided on this place. We were looking forward to relaxing by the pool, and our lakeside view room when we got there.
We had to wait several minutes to check in. Once all set, we unloaded the car, and as we walked in, the horrible smell of the room greated us. It was extremely dark, even with all the lights on. The beds and linens were probably as old as the place.
Then we started noticing how dirty everything was. Hair and dirt in the bathroom, toothpaste in the sink, and we had two small bath towels and only one washcloth for two people, no hand towel. There was no shampoo or soap.
There was an upside down bottle cap on the ancient carpeting, as well as a hideous stain on the carpet.
The curtains we falling down, and the tie backs were stuffed under the a/c attempting to conceal the rotting window frame and gap between the a/c and window frame. The blinds were dusty and filthy.
The lake was covered in algea I thought it was grass.
When we checked out, we were offered a better room. I thought if there was a better room, why weren't we offered it when we checked in.
We were completely disappointed. I only gave one star because you can't rate zero.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank VTFoodie5
Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

Good thing we had a navigation system or this hidden, old style "resort" would have been a challenge to find. If quiet and calm is what you desire -- this is your place. The accommodations could stand a serious kick into the current century, though. The room I had was drab, musty, and in serious need of an update (especially at $150/night). The grounds are not fancy, but quite pretty. The pool is fine -- but bring your own towels to this "resort." Wi-Fi is weak tea -- but our here you should be disconnecting anyway.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank W.H. D
Reviewed 14 July 2015

A truly great family place.The hotel owners, Ellen and Mike treat their guests like family. The food is great and a wide variety is offered. My children love Wolff's because their is so much to do; fishing, swimming, tennis, golf and hanging out with friends in the snack room. Every age loves the nightly entertainment. There is bingo, horse racing, movie night, trivia night and everybody's favorite Tot's the clown.The property is beautiful and spacious.The pool is big and water aerobics are offered once a week. Roger the DJ entertains poolside with song requests and karaoke. I am a returning customer of 15 years and and my kids would rather go to Wolff's than Disney!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank MikealineWarren_NJ
Reviewed 14 July 2015

My children and I have been enjoying Wolff's with family and friends for the past 15 years and look forward to our upcoming week in August! We go the same week every year so we have a lot of fun with the other families we met up there and who also go the same week. There is a lot to do for kids and adults! We have enjoyed the large pool, miniature golf, volleyball, the playground and boating and fishing in the lake. There are lots of activities that occur once a week like rock climbing, water aerobics and karaoke by the pool. We love the evening activities which are great for the entire family including bingo, horse racing, family trivia, movie night, DJ and karaoke. We don't even have to leave since there is so much to do. The kids have always enjoyed freedom up there since it is safe.
The owners Ellen and Mike are friendly and lots of fun to hang out with! They look to make your stay as much fun as possible. It is in a beautiful setting and is very relaxing! Breakfast and dinner are included and the food is great and they give you plenty! We also love the fire engine ride twice a week after dinner! Fun for the entire family!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Regina N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catskill
24.4 km away
2.9 km away
B&B Lounge of Catskill
B&B Lounge of Catskill
#4 of 9 in Catskill

Been to Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!