All reviewssocial directorpaddle boatsfamily and friendslike coming homechildren and grandchildrendisney worldmini golfshuffle boardbring your owncharlietrolleyactivitiessummerfunwaitressceramicsgrounds
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Booked last minute trip for 4th of July. There were not a lot of choices and found this place by chance. Updated and modern it ain't. Think old school classic Catskill Resort. Very relaxing. Friendly staff. They will do almost anything to make your stay enjoyable. Food was excellent and pleantifull. Willing to adjust for dietary or preference needs. If you don't gain a few pounds you did something wrong. Charlie the owner cooks a mean meal. Richard the social director keeps everyone engaged. Afternoon Bingo by the pool can get a bit competitive. Met lots of people who have been coming back for years. Definately adding this to places I will go back to

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2018

The staff is outstanding. Friendly and helpful. Clean room, needs to be updated/refreshed. Pool was clean and fun. Grounds are well kept. Food was good and you do get allot at each meal and choices and substitution options. that being said, only water, coffee, tea and milk are included. You cannot bring your own drink to meals so you must by soda, ice tea for $1 a can. You cannot get a drink or food in between meals either so be prepared to hit the store and fill your frig. No mid-day ice cream for the kids or anything like that. Also, I was surprised at how many advertised activities had a fee. Ceramics- fee ($10-50), wall climbing $6, Bingo- $1 a card, tattoos by the pool $10-16), arcade $$(this one is expected). I understand you pay for off site exertions but when you advertise activities at a resort that is inclusive......???? I paid $1600 for 6 days 5 nights for 2 adults and 1 child. Hotel and meals and pool/shuffle board/night time activity after dinner (kareoke, s'mores, reptile guy) I think it was over prices considering I had to pay for all the other activities on site and $3-4 a meal for soda/ice tea.

Stayed: July 2018
5  Thank lynn l
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This summer (2018) will be my 16th Summer Vacationing at Pollaces. I go with my children and Grandchildren. We have a ball. Everyone at this place bends over backwards to accommodate my family in so many ways. It really is like coming home. I have been on many other Vacations that cost $$$$$ and the food served at Pollaces is 2nd to none. In fact I took my Grandchildren to Disney World and all they wanted to know was "when are we going to Pollaces?" The rooms are clean and comfortable and if you have a problem and are not satisfied Charlie or Rich will remedy it before you even get back to your room! I love my stay and my friends that I have made over the years. Definitely will be back again!

Room Tip: If you like the sun and the pool book the Brick Motel Rooms or the Pine Tree rooms.
Reviewed 20 June 2018

The reason I say Pollaces is Family is because you are never going to experience a warmer-friendlier staff. My family and I have been going to Pollaces for 15+ years (going on 16 next month, July 2018). Not a single complaint we have had here. Last year, my sister and her husband, by coincidence got ill and were stuck in bed. Francine, our waitress brought them chicken soup, crackers, toast, est. to help them recover. If you ever have a problem, Charlie and/or Richie will solve your problem. Always looking forward to seeing our 2nd family and friends that we have made.

Room Tip: If you are looking to relax in the sun and pool everyday, try the Brick Poolside Motel.
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I was searching for family vacation spot and found Pollace's on a Friday in August 2011. My family of five had a wonderful week's vacation that Sunday and we've gone back to Pollace's every year since. We're scheduled for our 8th Pollace's vacation this July and my children are counting the days.

What makes Pollace's so special to us is the experiences shared at Pollace's. These experiences are hard to come by anywhere else. While Disney World, Caribbean resorts, sightseeing tours, and cruises have their charms, the Catskills Family Resort experience never gets old. Children actually play together and forget about ipads! Adults actually participate in activities and get to talk. Everyone really does know your name!

The atmosphere of a Pollace's vacation lends itself to shared experiences whether it's a Bocce tournament, Family Feud, Olympics, a nature walk, or a tour of the local Buddhist temple grounds. I credit Charlie for organizing a long running family first resort. Richard, Pollace's long serving social director is beloved by guests for good reason; he connects with young and old alike involving everyone in activities. There's no need to watch television or listen to the radio; there's live entertainment and always something to do.

Charlie's kitchen makes homemade Italian style food that's fantastic. The service is great. The accommodations are quaint and clean. The staff is wonderful. I really can't say enough about how special Pollace's is to our family.

Five stars!