All reviewssocial directorpaddle boatsfamily and friendslike coming homechildren and grandchildrendisney worldmini golfshuffle boardbring your owncharlietrolleyactivitiessummerfunwaitressceramicsgrounds
Reviewed 20 June 2018

The reason I say Pollaces is Family is because you are never going to experience a warmer-friendlier staff. My family and I have been going to Pollaces for 15+ years (going on 16 next month, July 2018). Not a single complaint we have had here. Last year, my sister and her husband, by coincidence got ill and were stuck in bed. Francine, our waitress brought them chicken soup, crackers, toast, est. to help them recover. If you ever have a problem, Charlie and/or Richie will solve your problem. Always looking forward to seeing our 2nd family and friends that we have made.

Room Tip: If you are looking to relax in the sun and pool everyday, try the Brick Poolside Motel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I was searching for family vacation spot and found Pollace's on a Friday in August 2011. My family of five had a wonderful week's vacation that Sunday and we've gone back to Pollace's every year since. We're scheduled for our 8th Pollace's vacation this July and my children are counting the days.

What makes Pollace's so special to us is the experiences shared at Pollace's. These experiences are hard to come by anywhere else. While Disney World, Caribbean resorts, sightseeing tours, and cruises have their charms, the Catskills Family Resort experience never gets old. Children actually play together and forget about ipads! Adults actually participate in activities and get to talk. Everyone really does know your name!

The atmosphere of a Pollace's vacation lends itself to shared experiences whether it's a Bocce tournament, Family Feud, Olympics, a nature walk, or a tour of the local Buddhist temple grounds. I credit Charlie for organizing a long running family first resort. Richard, Pollace's long serving social director is beloved by guests for good reason; he connects with young and old alike involving everyone in activities. There's no need to watch television or listen to the radio; there's live entertainment and always something to do.

Charlie's kitchen makes homemade Italian style food that's fantastic. The service is great. The accommodations are quaint and clean. The staff is wonderful. I really can't say enough about how special Pollace's is to our family.

Five stars!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Scottehi
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The rooms are somewhat tired BUT the amenities are great for kids to get together and play and have a wnderful time! We are able to share meals and allow the kids to be kids. A great set up for a large family to get together relax and enjoy each other's company. The only improvement I might suggest is darken the lounge at a certain time and allow the DJ to play... the card shark is a little to 1963. Our family will return every year from now on.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Recent road trip with the kids saw us in the area and figured the kids would like to get into some swimming, mini golf, shuffle board and a few other activities so we made our way to Pollace's. It was midweek so things were pretty quiet there and service was decent but we were not overly impressed by the facilities. On the plus side, the pool was clean and a good size and the kids enjoyed the hot tub but that was about it for us I'm afraid. The room was pretty basic and could use a little loving, mini golf course was a little sad, shuffleboard was fine, the paddleboats down at the lake worked but the actual lake was not much. Fortunately we only stayed the one night.

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank pflemo
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I have been taking my family to Pollaces family resort the last five years and we love it there, Charlie and the staff are most accommodating to our needs, can't wait to get there again in August of 2017 the food is plentiful and whatever we want off the menu the staff will get for us.. it has been a pleasure to go to pollaces and I wouldn't go anywhere else , it's relaxing and Richy the social director is like a uncle to my kids ..my favorite part is when Charley's wife comes out after dinner and yells out Expresso. I just can't say no to her ... looking forward to see Charley and the gang ..see you in Aug ..
J Lauria .