All reviews social director paddle boats family and friends like coming home children and grandchildren disney world mini golf shuffle board bring your own charlie trolley activities summer fun waitress ceramics grounds
Reviewed 15 October 2016

Road tripped thru NY,VT&NH at peak color during presidents weekend. Lodging tough w/o reservations. Monday night expected plenty of lodging open after weekend when hit the Catskills only to find most places closed to rest and get ready for ski season. Many places wouldn't even answer phone or asked we leave message as they were closed. Charlie interrupted a nap to answer and to meet us and was willing to open up a room for us. Even more he told about the sites in the Catskills and found that the road was closing the next morning for repairs. Instead of renting us a room he helped call around to get us a room up in Hunter before the road closed so we could see things. He put our sightseeing before his economic interests. What a nice guy and if I were going back to the Catskills and wanted to experience a Catskill vacation, I would recommend Pallace's as Charlie is a standup guy so I would expect your stay to be very good.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jerry L
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Labor Day 2016 was my third consecutive year at Pollaces. The weekend is always full of fun activities, AMAZING FOOD, and friendly and accommodating staff. My boyfriend Joe and I have allergies (gluten free and dairy/peanuts) and it is always hard for us to go out to eat. However, Charlie at Pollace's accommodates us perfectly, making any dish we order to accommodate our allergies...and it's DELICIOUS! Francine is also very friendly and helpful, and makes sure everyone is happy and comfortable. Thank you to the staff at Pollace's for making this a place we can go to and have a great time, while not having to worry about our food allergies! See you soon. -Katie

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Kay D
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Went up for a fun vacation w family and was pleasantly surprised how clean the prpperty was and the friendliness of the staff made everyone feel welcomed and like family. Great place for kids plenty of activities and safe. Good food and plenty of it. Richard the social director was fantastic!

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for a genuine family friendly resort that won't break the bank, this is the place for you. To be honest, Pollace's is more like going to a family reunion than to some anonymous resort. Charlie and the rest of the staff treat all the guests like family which also fosters a strong bond between guests.
My family and I have been going to Pollace's since 2013 and our friends who introduced us to the resort have been going there for over 20 years. It is the one vacation each year I look forward to without question. Those with a young family will understand that most "vacations" are more work than anything else. Pollace's takes out most of the work so we the adults can enjoy ourselves and return home relaxed like a vacation should do.
You will never be hungry at Pollace's. The cooking is something like out of grandma's kitchen with plenty to go around. Special requests are always accommodated. And don't forget dessert!
Activities are plentiful but simple and traditional. It's a real treat to see the kids taking part in the games and activities, getting away from the iPads and televisions.
Going to Pollace's is a bit of going into a time warp. Back to a simpler time where the focus was on family togetherness and community. Where you learn each other's names and appreciate the experience.
My family cannot wait to back again next year to see their "Pollace's Family"

2  Thank Greg G
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Anthony Melchiorri, Hotel Impossible

I travel for work and stay in hundreds of hotels a year and consult for hundreds more. We pick POLLACE'S every year because it has given our family, memories that will last a lifetime! They are celebrating their 70th year in business for a reason. The Catskills are full of hotels that couldn't make it for a year, let alone 70..... It's a tribute to their hard work! Tell Charlie and Richie we say hi!

2  Thank SSTS