All reviews social director paddle boats family and friends like coming home children and grandchildren disney world mini golf shuffle board bring your own charlie trolley activities summer fun waitress ceramics grounds
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Hi. I'm Rose from Brooklyn.
I am an avid traveler and for the last eight years I stop off at Pollaces which is located in the town of Catskills.

The staff are very friendly and treat you like family. The food is excellent and in abundance. The grounds are beautiful, well kept and clean. Daily activities are provided for adults and children. It is a place to relax around the pool and jacuzzi. At night time there is nightly entertainment. Some guest also provide entertainment for others. For example a dice game called LCR where all are welcome. As soon as I walk into Pollaces I feel right at home. Everyone treats you like family. Once again Pollaces is the place to be and I shall visit every year until the end.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Rose B
Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

This summer was our 11th at Pollaces. We hope for many more. Coming the same time every year is like a family reunion with all our friends we've met thru the years.

We wouldn't change a thing!!! I don't care that it's not some up to date modern hotel. That's not what Pollaces is about. It's about family and friends and making great memories!!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Christine S
Reviewed 27 August 2015

We just got home from our family reunion at Pollace's. Being one of the organizers I have to say I was a bit nervous with about 95 people attending. Charlie and his staff could not be more accommodating. They made sure everyone was taken care. There were activities for all age groups with a big focus on the young one's. This place is all about a good family vacation with lots of old fashioned fun. And lets not forget Richie who watched us all with an eagle eye making sure everyone had everything that they needed and kept up with our entertainment throughout the weekend. If your looking for great food, family fun and not all the technology check out Pollaces. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 42756gs
Reviewed 25 August 2015

We have visited many hotels and gone on a number of top cruise ships, but no where have we found personal attention to the degree of Pollace’s. So while I have stayed in rooms that were more posh and have dined at restaurants featured on the latest food network shows, I have not found any where the level of personal attention and accommodation could be matched. This was a vacation my kids truly enjoyed and we will always remember our time at Pollace’s and the fantastic people we met there.
The Catskills are the land of Rip Van Winkle, and little did I know that there was a place there that still takes you back in time. Driving up to Pollace’s Resort, it seems like you are driving into the past- from the old-style playground merry-go-round to the motel style buildings. My husband asked if I was sure this was the place with the 4+ rating from TripAdvisor, and I calmly thought about the reviews I had read. From the moment we met Charlie, we knew everything would be good. He had carefully considered where our family would be most comfortable and gave us an upgraded room with a separate space for the kids. He warmly told us that we could come see him in the kitchen if we needed anything- and he promised with a chuckle not to make us do any chores (just like my grandfather would have). The room was as many others described- clean and comfortable, but straight out of the 1970s with wood paneling and golden yellow chairs. We started with a fantastic lunch and the food throughout the week was delicious- the chicken parmigiana was not to be missed. The service was indeed from a bygone era- so friendly and personal. Our family felt welcomed even though we are not the people who been coming for years. There was always something to do, and even our 13 year old son had a great time. The nightly games hailed from an era before iPads and Netflix, and our whole family had fun at the horse races and the “family feud.” The pool was always clean and refreshing, and afternoon bingo was a must for us- though we have never played bingo together in our lives. The highlight of our trip was Richie, the social director, who checked in on us at every meal to make sure that all was right. He helped us plan our outings, advising us on awesome hikes and interesting historical spots to visit.
If you want a vacation where you can experience what it was like to vacation as a family in a simpler time, try Pollace’s.

Room Tip: Family suite was perfect for a family with teens.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Rsha70
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

As I said in my review last year, this is our family vacation in the summer. My three girls are teenagers and have chosen Pollaces over all other hotels (including five star resorts). Charlie and his team do it right. On my show, I help people with older hotels and outdated systems. No one would accuse Pollaces of being updated with fancy systems. But they get the basics of life.... Family, Great Food, Fun and a place to feel welcomed. I'm proud to call Charlie a Hotelier and to be in the same business. Another great vacation!
Sorry, but I must comment on a couple of reviews that said the place is outdated. Pollace's website shows you exactly the way the resort is. They go out of their way to be transparent.... I will say as a person that makes a living for having a critical eye, please don't come if you don't understand the soul of Pollaces.... Family and Fun!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family