Pollace's Family Vacation Resort
B&B Lounge of Catskill(Catskill)(Great Value!)
US$70
Catskill Motor Court(Catskill)(Great Value!)
US$75
Red Ranch Motel(Catskill)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$188
Hotels.com
US$110
US$185
Riedlbauer's Resort(Round Top)(Great Value!)
US$145
Expedia
  • Pool
Winter Clove Inn(Round Top)
US$240
TripAdvisor
The Kaaterskill(Catskill)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssocial directorpaddle boatsmini golfshuffle boardgreat for kidscharlieactivitiesreunionganguncleshuffleboard
Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

As I said in my review last year, this is our family vacation in the summer. My three girls are teenagers and have chosen Pollaces over all other hotels (including five star resorts). Charlie and his team do it right. On my show, I help people with older hotels and outdated systems. No one would accuse Pollaces of being updated with fancy systems. But they get the basics of life.... Family, Great Food, Fun and a place to feel welcomed. I'm proud to call Charlie a Hotelier and to be in the same business. Another great vacation!
Sorry, but I must comment on a couple of reviews that said the place is outdated. Pollace's website shows you exactly the way the resort is. They go out of their way to be transparent.... I will say as a person that makes a living for having a critical eye, please don't come if you don't understand the soul of Pollaces.... Family and Fun!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
9  Thank SSTS
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Good old fashion fun. We just got back from a three night stay at Pollaces and can't say enough nice things about the staff and experience. The food was amazing and the activities lots of fun. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our experience was a good one.

Reviewed 19 August 2015

My family used to go to a beautiful resort in Kingston called Williams Lake. unfortunately that closed down, we than went to Acra Manor. Then we found this gem that is Pollaces.
The first thing you hear when you arrive into Pollaces is "Welcome home." That could not be a more true statement. everyone from staff to guests treat you like family. every little thing you made need they accommodate. my family and friends have been coming to this resort for 8 or 9 years now. we made friends with other families and now everyone comes up the same wk! it is like a big reunion !

FOOD: the food is impeccable. for someone with Chrons disease I have no issues with this food at all. it is true italian cooking. if you every want seconds of anything it is never a problem. My 90 yr old grandmother also has to eat a special diet and they tend to her diet and every need like you would not believe !! Charlies pasta salad is my ultimate favorite !! I can eat that entire bowl !! Also don't forget you espresso right after dinner along with one of their delicious deserts ! (Sugar free also available)

STAFF: AMAZING!!! they will do their very best to make you feel comfortable and cater to your every need. I consider them apart of my extended family. Our waitress is Carly and I actually watched her grow up and its amazing! Last year I came down with a little cold and Charlie (the owner) knocked on my door and asked if I needed anything and offered me soup and anything else I might need. He even switched me to a bigger room so I could be more relaxed. I love this entire family. I have not one negative thing to say about them.

ROOMS: Let's fave it, if you want a lavish five start hotel this won't be the place, but that is what I and I'm sure many others love about it. The rooms do need an update, but that is part of the Pollaces old school, dirty dancing feel charm. I would not change it for the world. Plus if you are in your room for more than just sleep, why are you even at Pollaces?

ACTIVITIES: Richie is great and there is something to do every second of the day. Even if it is just taking that second to unwind by the pool or Jacuzzi. I also love the Boccie tournament during field day. I always come in first. i like to consider myself a Boccie Pro haha ! the award ceremony at night is hysterical. So fun !!! My family goes up the first wk of August and we also bring our own form of entertainment AKA my mom ! Ask anyone about Rose from the first wk of August and they will give you an earful ! (all good of course!) We do LCR at night in the rec room and a ton of other fun stuff. it is just an all around good time. the entertainment is great. It ranges from Karaoke, a band, family feud and My personal favorite is the wild animal show/ the birds of prey show I think it is called. It is so cool ! the wild life handler has the birds fly across the room to demonstrate their wing span etc.. just outstanding.

ATMOSPHERE: I just do not feel right the entire year if I do not go to Pollaces. You feel as though you are in a different world. The air is fresh, the grounds are kept spotless and beautiful. My favorite is going on the hayride and seeing the sunset and Catskill mountains. It is an all around relaxing and laid back atmosphere, you will feel serene. I actually have been to a few Carribean Islands and could not wait to get my feet into Pollaces!

SUGGESTIONS: While in the Catskills, you should visit the Buddhist Temple, you will feel at total peace in a beautiful setting. Also jut going into the town of Catskills to see the cats or on one of Richies Trolly rides is a must !! Also a little shopping in my favorite shop "Maholo" never hurt !

I could not attend Pollaces this year because of work, but I was on Video call almost every night and day and felt as though I was there. I just can not stand not being apart of it ! I Missed it dearly this year and can not wait to attend Pollaces 2016 next August 2-9 wk !

PS: I am 26 years old and feel like a child in Disney when I come here !!
Love you guys !!!

Room Tip: The brick Motel is nice !
3  Thank Blov17
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Another wonderful vacation at Pollace's. If your looking for a place to relax, fish, enjoy great food and have plenty to do whenever you wish then this is the place. Whether you sit by the pool, outside the rooms or by the main lobby you can keep track of your children. Short trips on the Pollace's trolley get you to the farmstand, antique and other shops in town, bowling,skating, go carts and more! Charlie,Richie and the entire family are so accommodating you just feel "at home". One of my favorite things about Pollace's is there is always something to do if you feel like doing something or you can just relax. We always come to Pollace's with our friends and their families and everyone has a great time. The food is amazing and plentiful ( we all love the poolside BBQ ). We have been coming for over 20 years and I can honestly say we have never had a bad experience. I guess that's why when it's time to leave we're ... Wishin' we had more time!

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We're trying to institute a yearly family weekend, and I think Pollace's will definitely be our spot. We traveled with 11 of us, ranging from a toddler to a great-grandma. Everyone had a wonderful time. As previous reviews have mentioned, this is a seriously old-school place. But we knew to expect that. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean, the food was pretty good, there was a nice play area for the kids, and activities all throughout the day. At night, there are comedians, karaoke, musicians, etc. at the bar.

Our families stayed up at the top of the hill in the "Twin Motel" and my husband, son and I stayed in the family unit. The family unit is perfect if you have kids because they have their own room. The bathroom was also much bigger than the motel-style rooms. But our other family members had no kids with them, and they were perfectly fine with those rooms.

The vibe at the resort is super laid-backed. There's no issues with having a drink by the pool or on the porch of your room. We set up a full fantasy football draft outside, and the staff said they could have even brought us tablecloths for the picnic tables we used. Richie, the social director, has nonstop energy and was always there to help with anything. We didn't experience any "rudeness" from "regulars"...we actually met a lot of really nice people.

My complaints would be as follows: smoking by the pool is allowed, and we all thought that was a little odd, especially for a family place. There were kids running around the bar late into the night, which I didn't think would be allowed. And yes, the rooms have a bit of a musty-ish smell but to be expected for an older place, and the fact that it was the middle of August and very humid.

As soon as we left, we were already making plans for our trip next summer. It was a really fun weekend!