We have visited many hotels and gone on a number of top cruise ships, but no where have we found personal attention to the degree of Pollace’s. So while I have stayed in rooms that were more posh and have dined at restaurants featured on the latest food network shows, I have not found any where the level of personal attention and accommodation could be matched. This was a vacation my kids truly enjoyed and we will always remember our time at Pollace’s and the fantastic people we met there.
The Catskills are the land of Rip Van Winkle, and little did I know that there was a place there that still takes you back in time. Driving up to Pollace’s Resort, it seems like you are driving into the past- from the old-style playground merry-go-round to the motel style buildings. My husband asked if I was sure this was the place with the 4+ rating from TripAdvisor, and I calmly thought about the reviews I had read. From the moment we met Charlie, we knew everything would be good. He had carefully considered where our family would be most comfortable and gave us an upgraded room with a separate space for the kids. He warmly told us that we could come see him in the kitchen if we needed anything- and he promised with a chuckle not to make us do any chores (just like my grandfather would have). The room was as many others described- clean and comfortable, but straight out of the 1970s with wood paneling and golden yellow chairs. We started with a fantastic lunch and the food throughout the week was delicious- the chicken parmigiana was not to be missed. The service was indeed from a bygone era- so friendly and personal. Our family felt welcomed even though we are not the people who been coming for years. There was always something to do, and even our 13 year old son had a great time. The nightly games hailed from an era before iPads and Netflix, and our whole family had fun at the horse races and the “family feud.” The pool was always clean and refreshing, and afternoon bingo was a must for us- though we have never played bingo together in our lives. The highlight of our trip was Richie, the social director, who checked in on us at every meal to make sure that all was right. He helped us plan our outings, advising us on awesome hikes and interesting historical spots to visit.
If you want a vacation where you can experience what it was like to vacation as a family in a simpler time, try Pollace’s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come stay with us and be part of a great all-inclusive family vacation that is safe fun and affordable. Experience a traditional Catskill Mt. Vacation mid June to Labor Day and Columbus Day Weekend. We have planned activities and entertainment to fill your days and nights.We now offer Gluten Free options for all meals! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Pollace's Family Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pollace`s Family Vacation Hotel Catskill
- Pollaces Family Vacation Hotel