All reviews social director paddle boats family and friends like coming home children and grandchildren disney world mini golf shuffle board bring your own charlie trolley activities summer fun waitress ceramics grounds
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Another wonderful vacation at Pollace's. If your looking for a place to relax, fish, enjoy great food and have plenty to do whenever you wish then this is the place. Whether you sit by the pool, outside the rooms or by the main lobby you can keep track of your children. Short trips on the Pollace's trolley get you to the farmstand, antique and other shops in town, bowling,skating, go carts and more! Charlie,Richie and the entire family are so accommodating you just feel "at home". One of my favorite things about Pollace's is there is always something to do if you feel like doing something or you can just relax. We always come to Pollace's with our friends and their families and everyone has a great time. The food is amazing and plentiful ( we all love the poolside BBQ ). We have been coming for over 20 years and I can honestly say we have never had a bad experience. I guess that's why when it's time to leave we're ... Wishin' we had more time!

Reviewed 17 August 2015

We're trying to institute a yearly family weekend, and I think Pollace's will definitely be our spot. We traveled with 11 of us, ranging from a toddler to a great-grandma. Everyone had a wonderful time. As previous reviews have mentioned, this is a seriously old-school place. But we knew to expect that. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean, the food was pretty good, there was a nice play area for the kids, and activities all throughout the day. At night, there are comedians, karaoke, musicians, etc. at the bar.

Our families stayed up at the top of the hill in the "Twin Motel" and my husband, son and I stayed in the family unit. The family unit is perfect if you have kids because they have their own room. The bathroom was also much bigger than the motel-style rooms. But our other family members had no kids with them, and they were perfectly fine with those rooms.

The vibe at the resort is super laid-backed. There's no issues with having a drink by the pool or on the porch of your room. We set up a full fantasy football draft outside, and the staff said they could have even brought us tablecloths for the picnic tables we used. Richie, the social director, has nonstop energy and was always there to help with anything. We didn't experience any "rudeness" from "regulars"...we actually met a lot of really nice people.

My complaints would be as follows: smoking by the pool is allowed, and we all thought that was a little odd, especially for a family place. There were kids running around the bar late into the night, which I didn't think would be allowed. And yes, the rooms have a bit of a musty-ish smell but to be expected for an older place, and the fact that it was the middle of August and very humid.

As soon as we left, we were already making plans for our trip next summer. It was a really fun weekend!

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Can't beat the food and staff. Large choice of lodging. Pool, lake, playground, sports. Day and evening programs you can participate or not. A great place to relax and unwind and let the kids loose.

With one stop, it's only three hours from Long Island.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank 148Grammy5
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We planned this trip because of some of the prior great reviews on Tripadvisor, but when we arrived we were very confused about why people made those great reviews. The "Resort" was at the end of a residential block. It was very dated and old. The lobby smelled very musty and looked old with carpeted walls. Although there were no smoking signs all over, I imagine smoking was allowed at some time and the smells are in the walls, carpets, couches, etc The air conditioners also appear old and do not do a good job of cleaning/clearing the air and seem to need updating. When we got to our rooms we again were greeted by a musty odor and smoke odor. I tried to open the windows, however many neighbors were outside smoking and the smoke would just blow in through the windows. So we closed the windows and used the A/C. We even sprayed febreze in the AC filters and throughout the room, but this could not mask the deep ingrained musty/moldy/smoky smells. The back bedroom smelled even worse with some urine smells. It appears the curtains were dirty and carpet appeared very old. The rooms need a major updating and cleaning to address this musty/moldy smell. I felt sick and coughing going into the second day breathing in that type of air. I did bring up these concerns with Rich and Charlie and they apologized and thought it may have been a prior guest smoking. They tried to spray febreze too and brought in an air freshener, while this masked it some, it still was all there. Charlie had the walls cleaned, and this helped a little, but the smells are all over. My son smelt it on the ceiling and when I was using a tissue while coughing the tissue reaked of smoke. Smoke and mold seems to have permeated this entire resort and will take a lot of refurbishing to get this out. Many guests smoked and drank a lot, they brought their own liquor and drank at the pool, in or in front of their rooms. It seemed to be a place where big family groups met for vacation and hung out in their groups. Maybe these are the people that write the great reviews. They seem to have little rules, stay up late and have some nightly gambling game going on in the recreation room. My small family felt like the outsiders to all these groups.
On a positive note the food really was very good and plentiful, the servers and cooks were all accommodating and made us feel at home. The lady with the espresso cart always wore a smile while pouring our delicious cups and would say, "our pot is always full". The lunch and dinner desserts were spectacular and we looked forward to our meals very much. However besides the meals there was not much to look forward to. The water slides and bounce house was for little kids. The only place to relax was around the pool, but that was very loud because everybody was there in their groups and drinking and talking loud. One afternoon bingo we couldn't hear the caller because of some of the guests having a heated conversation during the game. The miniature golf course was old and breaking down, needs to be updated badly. There were no serene or beautiful catsills views at the "resort" The children were bored and wanted to leave. The smells were really bothering everyone and it was difficult to sleep in a room with these conditions. The manager did work with us and we ended out stay earlier and were refunded for the days we did not stay. We had to go to plan B and figure out what to do to salvage the rest of our vacation.

8  Thank MeandtheKids2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Positive: wonderful people. I bow my head to Richie and Francis, they treated me and my son like close family. Everyone, without exception, was very nice, easy going and try to accommodate your requests. They work hard. Lots of various activities. The food was, in my opinion, good and plentiful. There is fishing in the pond, catch and release. The pool was good, bring your own towels though, the room towels are very small and thin, like the kind they give in the hospitals. Also, bring all toiletries, shampoo etc.
Not so positive: rooms are outdated. My first room was pretty bad, in twin motel, i spoke to Charlie and he offered me another room, which was much better. Both rooms were clean though. WIFI worked only in the main building.
If you don't expect the ritz, you'll be pleased.

Room Tip: redwood motel or brick motel
1  Thank newyorker56789