“Rather Disappointing Thai”

Wasana's Thai Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in Catskill
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Contrary to most of the reviews here, we were less than impressed by Wasana's. My wife's Pad Thai seemed rather dry and lacking flavor, while my Green Curry bore very little resemblance to those I have had elsewhere. Of course, food is a very personal subject, and recipes do vary so it is likely that this was just not to our taste. The food was not bad, per se, but very different from any other Thai restaurant at which we have eaten; and we eat a lot of Thai food! As we had take-away, and live some distance from Catskill, we were not really able to discuss the food with the owners.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Delicious dinners. We have dined here several times and it has been delicious every time. The ambiance is very simple however the dinners are wonderful. They do not have a liquor license however, you can bring your own wine or beer. A nice Chardonnay goes great with the rice/sea food dishes. The prices are reasonable as well.

1  Thank Ernest L
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

You couldn't make a restaurant look more mismatched in the decor department. The food, however, is fresh, clean and authentic. You have to have a lot of confidence in your food to put such little emphasis on decor. Server is sweet and attentive. Just please renovate the inside. Yikes.

1  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 11 May 2016

The man who owns, runs and cooks at, this place is pretty awesome. He is attentive, skilled, casual and friendly in a way that instantly made us feel like regulars. His sense of flavors is excellent, probably because he is CIA (Culinary Institute) trained. My meal was a bit weird. My curry came on a bed of lettuce, which, since the curry was hot (temperature), was quite wilted and gross. There was also almost no vegetable matter, and probably a pound of meat. There was also this weird "garnish" on top of everything. Sharp, leafy lighting bolt or W-shaped green things. They literally sliced my gums. The flavor was great. Fresh, spicy just how I asked for it. I think if you went in, and were very clear about what you wanted (lots of veggies, no lettuce, etc), well then I think you might just get a pretty good meal.

1  Thank Beth S
Reviewed 12 March 2016 via mobile

I'm originally from Catskill but now live in Georgia. I eat here every time I come home. My favorites are the spring rolls and pad thai