“How Cute”

Bailiwick Animal Park
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were in the capital district and we decided to check this little place out and I am so happy we did! I’m not sure how busy they are in the weekends or during peak season but we went on a Monday afternoon and we were the only two in the park. The price was reasonable but this is a cash only location so be prepared unless you want to pay the ATM fee to take cash out on site. All the animals were friendly, happy and well cared for. There was a large variation of the types of animals you could see from bunnies and chickens to bears tigers and camels. I would absolutely come back to play with the pigs and donkeys again! And they have a baby too that was super cute and friendly. If you love animals and love to be able to pet animals this is a definite must if you are in the area.

1  Thank Cassandra J
in 3 reviews
"trotting"
"granddaughters"

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Had my family visit from down state with their 8 year old daughter.

Weather was cool so no pool and after attending the local fair the day before wanted something else to occupy my niece. Came to Balliwood and loved it.

Many enclosure free rabbits, parrots and chickens for the kids to follow around. All animals looked well cared for and friendly. Easy for young ones to interact with and feed. I read some reviews that thought it was expensive but REALLY - kids are free and under $20 per adult isn't much in 2017!

Staff was helpful and informative and you can tell they love the animals.

Nice picnic area with benches and tables for you to bring in food. Try that at the Bronx Zoo you complainers!

You can stay for an hour or all day with no one hassling you. I will be back.

1  Thank kat1419
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Read other reviews and wanted to see for myself. Didn't expect the Catskill game Farm but also didn't expect what we saw. Animals were skinny dirty and sickly looking. Not one animal had food or water. Not one worker did we see tending to an animal. All were either inside gift shop or at entrance area mowing the lawn. My grandchildren wanted to call someone to help the animals. Very sad! Expensive to get in besides.

7  Thank phelmedach
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Took my granddaughters ages 1 and 2. They were free to get in. Got a discount through Groupon which also was great. This is a quaint little zoo packed full of fun animals. I was surprised by the great variety of animals and loved the ease getting from enclosure to enclosure. Not sure if I missed it but there didn't appear to be an actual petting zoo which was fine because there is a lot of hands on without them climbing on you. You enter through a gift shop (that is bare). You can buy large cups of corn for $2 or cups of carrots (with a longer reach for those squeamish about getting to near the animals mouths) for $7. There is a little playground after that. Birds of all kinds are running and flying and squawking pretty freely. The animals and employees are very friendly. My granddaughter was nervous about the animals eating out of her hand so she threw the corn into the enclosures. The animals were just as happy. You can easily pet a lot of the animals. I wish there was an opportunity to get feed at the other end, but it's really not a long walk for my poor planning to get back to the gift shop to buy more. The animals seemed well cared for. The bears probably should have a bigger enclosure, but think they are planning on moving them at some point? It was a good experience. And, like I said, I really appreciated the variety of animals. It feels like a small zoo, but really isn't a small experience. Fun afternoon.

1  Thank Valerie H