Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Up close and personal

This was so unexpected. Its a family owned zoo with lots of animals. You can purchase food to feed... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2018
rfair09
Queens
via mobile
Enjoyable, but....

We took our grandchildren here using a Groupon. They enjoyed seeing a variety of animals and... read more

Reviewed 24 May 2018
ace091
Saratoga Springs, New York

All reviews horseback riding catskill game farm pony rides exotic animals well taken care animal park family owned and operated love animals great variety of animals trail guide brown bear baby kangaroo nice picnic area my niece picnic tables ranch bears
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Read other reviews and wanted to see for myself. Didn't expect the Catskill game Farm but also didn't expect what we saw. Animals were skinny dirty and sickly looking. Not one animal had food or water. Not one worker did we see tending to an animal. All were either inside gift shop or at entrance area mowing the lawn. My grandchildren wanted to call someone to help the animals. Very sad! Expensive to get in besides.

Date of experience: August 2017
7  Thank phelmedach
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Took my granddaughters ages 1 and 2. They were free to get in. Got a discount through Groupon which also was great. This is a quaint little zoo packed full of fun animals. I was surprised by the great variety of animals and loved the ease getting from enclosure to enclosure. Not sure if I missed it but there didn't appear to be an actual petting zoo which was fine because there is a lot of hands on without them climbing on you. You enter through a gift shop (that is bare). You can buy large cups of corn for $2 or cups of carrots (with a longer reach for those squeamish about getting to near the animals mouths) for $7. There is a little playground after that. Birds of all kinds are running and flying and squawking pretty freely. The animals and employees are very friendly. My granddaughter was nervous about the animals eating out of her hand so she threw the corn into the enclosures. The animals were just as happy. You can easily pet a lot of the animals. I wish there was an opportunity to get feed at the other end, but it's really not a long walk for my poor planning to get back to the gift shop to buy more. The animals seemed well cared for. The bears probably should have a bigger enclosure, but think they are planning on moving them at some point? It was a good experience. And, like I said, I really appreciated the variety of animals. It feels like a small zoo, but really isn't a small experience. Fun afternoon.

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Valerie H
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Had so much fun with hands on feeding of all the animals!! Owners were so nice! Everyone should visit and enjoy this place as there are not a lot of places like this left unfortunately, so support it and go, and you will love it and the animals will love you to feed them all!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Wonderful hands on petting zoo! People need to come and support this zoo so we dont lose such a wonderful place and it will help fund the lovely, caring people that comfort and care for the animals! You will love the experience and the animals will enjoy you feeding them!!!!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank catskillhappy
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I took my 2 yr old and 4 yr old for a visit, and we all had a blast! They loved feeding the animals and playing on the playground. The staff was super helpful and friendly. We will definitely go back!

Date of experience: June 2017