“Becoming a regular stop . . . ”

Barnwood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Catskill
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

This is becoming a regular stop for my wife and I when returning home from points north. I have always ordered and enjoyed the pulled-pork sandwich, which is essentially a pile of deliciously smoked shredded pork on a Kaiser roll. They have their own BBQ sauce available on the table, and it pairs perfectly with the sandwich. My wife has gotten the cheese quesadilla with pork (loved it), a BLT, (it was okay, average, but with a *lot* of bacon) and we've both enjoyed the popcorn chicken--the honey mustard is great there, smooth and creamy. Most recently she had a chicken sandwich, which wasn't as good as her prior choices (chicken did not taste like good quality chicken, although it was a massive piece) and the bacon was inconsistent--some crispy, other pieces a bit too rubbery.

Overall though, the service is great, it's a no-frills eatery that provides large portions for really reasonable prices.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

So - yup - it was okay.
It was economical - our bill for a family of four was reasonable.
It was quick - even though the parking lot was packed, they were able to find us an available table and served our dinner quickly.
It was easy - our server was friendly and my daughter liked the grilled cheese and French fries on the kids menu.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent food in a comfortable atmosphere. They are known for their fried chicken, but the pulled pork is also delicious.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I've been there a few times but never took the time to write a review. Well the time has come. I wish I lived closer to this place because I would be eating here often. I ordered a prime rib dinner which came with a salad, veg, potatoe, drink and dessert. It was so.............good! My friend had their fried chicken, it was excellent. My two other friends had a chicken sandwich which they both enjoyed and the fries are very good too. Imagine a glass a wine for $4.00! So to sum it up, the food was very good, the price were very reasonable and the service was great too. I can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

I went there on my omnipotent drive to the profound Cooperstown, NY. We stopped in and we're astounded at the amazing ribs, pork, and onion rings.