“Awesome Prices and Great Fried Chicken”

Barnwood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Catskill
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Stumbled across this restaurant on a day trip to the Catskills. The food is great and the prices are unbelievably affordable. I had the fried chicken. It was perfectly cooked, full of flavor, and very moist. The BBQ Baked Beans are the best on this side of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Oh yea! Their Kids Menu is the pride a kids menu should be.

4  Thank Justin P

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Get there early as this place is always busy. Always had a great meal. Love the pulled pork. Nice atmosphere and friendly service. Gluten free fries were great. Portions are nice size and prices are average

1  Thank phelmedach
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Barnwood is a eatery that has a firm place in my family's heart. Since the birth of our son, it has been hard to find a place as welcoming as Barnwood. The staff is amazing, the food is delicious and the prices are unbeatable.

We were first introduced to this place when it was know as Good Eats. They were just starting to expand and change into Barnwood at that time. We feel in love at first bite. We ordered the popcorn chicken and were blown away when we were biting into fresh, never frozen chicken breast that was made fresh to order.

Years later will still take our friends and family there to experience the deliciousness first hand. I have eaten just about everything in the menu in my time there, so I know it's all good.

The wait staff are efficient and very friendly. My wife and I have actually befriended to of the staff in our regular visits.

4  Thank Lucas F
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Service was warm and efficient, dining room inviting, and the prices low for huge amounts of food. We always overorder and eat the leftovers for breakfast the next day. Not a healthy meal, but delicious.

1  Thank CindyD307
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

My husband, brother and sister in law visited last night for dinner with our Nephew's who live in Catskill and are regulars who moved there from NYC...We are from CT..boy oh boy..we can't wait to go back! Our waitress was super nice and fast! Excellent fried chicken and my other favorite were the sweet potato fries...big cut and crispy..onion rings were great and the sides also..pasta salad and beans..delish..Others had the scallop dinner..and the half bbq chicken, which is smoked..rave reviews! Excellent wine and drink menu..great calamari appetizer too! There are many great things to choose from on the menu..all are great according to our Nephews..cudos to the chef, waitstaff and management. .Job well done! Only wish we lived closer! Thanks!

4  Thank arabrabnosnaws