“Below "utilitarian" standards”

and 1 more site!
Peloke's Motel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Catskill
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

This is an OK place to stay if you're tired, expect to move on in the morning, and can't be bothered with looking further; you'll get by. But even with that allowance, there are some aspects which would keep me away.

One, perhaps there is no crime to be concerned with, but the room door has no deadbolt or inner lock mechanism; its sole doorknob has a simple "button" lock mechanism, and it's not easy to tell when it's locked.

Two, the shampoo they provide comes in sachets which are really difficult to open in the shower, and you wish you'd brought scissors.

Three, there's no iron or ironing board in the room and there's not one available at the front desk. This was a problem for us, and forced us to go buy a steamer.

Four, the electronic connections were a little unreliable. The light over the bathroom mirror was a little stubborn to turn on.

So some pluses: contrary to earlier reviews, we found the staff friendly and helpful. There was no issue with their enunciation or them being unintelligible. The motel is also conveniently located, and close to important attractions like Olana and the Thomas Cole Historical Site. The latter is in walking distance.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Just stayed with my family and friends. It's very affordable. The carpets and beds are new and the family that runs the hotel are friendly. Convenient to Hudson and nearby swimming and hiking. It's a classic American motel!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

There's a pool that's sits out front with fencing around it , EMPTY !! U here the conversations from other rooms . Not one clean towel did I have , all were stained with black marks . Beds were deplorable. Hotel is only good for someone who is desperately looking for shelter. Never again will I stay here .... I will sleep in car first.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank skatingk
Reviewed 26 September 2015

I would NOT RECOMMEND this place to anyone. Long story. I desired overnight accommodations for one person. I had also planned a business meeting with an associate. When my business associate arrived the Indian clerk knocked on the door and demanded additional payment for my business associate. I tried to explain but he demanded additional fees. I immediately checked out. Avoid this place is all I can say. Dirty place and very rude employee.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Fred B
Reviewed 19 September 2014

We were hoping to find budget lodging in Hudson, NY midweek but in August, the prices seemed unreasonably high. Went across the bridge to Catskill and this old fashioned motor court was just on the right side of the road. It was available at half the price.

Room was very clean, furnishings were well used but functional. We had refrigerator, microwave, small table with chairs, a desk with chair, good WIFI, an analog TV with enough cable channels for us. We did not swim in the pool but it looked very clean. We did hear some noise from the parking lot but the walls were very well insulated and we did not hear our neighbors once they entered the room.

The owner has invested in new windows and doors. Not quite finished fitting the insulation around the doors but AC was good. I heard the the owner also owns the Charles Hotel in Hudson. We stayed 3 nights while we looked around the area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side of the pool seemed better and did not get the hot summer sun.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aliza_616
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catskill
6.9 km away
2.6 km away
Pollace's Family Vacation Resort
7.3 km away
Wolff's Maple Breeze Resort

Been to Peloke's Motel? Share your experiences!