See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 September 2014

We were hoping to find budget lodging in Hudson, NY midweek but in August, the prices seemed unreasonably high. Went across the bridge to Catskill and this old fashioned motor court was just on the right side of the road. It was available at half the price.

Room was very clean, furnishings were well used but functional. We had refrigerator, microwave, small table with chairs, a desk with chair, good WIFI, an analog TV with enough cable channels for us. We did not swim in the pool but it looked very clean. We did hear some noise from the parking lot but the walls were very well insulated and we did not hear our neighbors once they entered the room.

The owner has invested in new windows and doors. Not quite finished fitting the insulation around the doors but AC was good. I heard the the owner also owns the Charles Hotel in Hudson. We stayed 3 nights while we looked around the area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the west side of the pool seemed better and did not get the hot summer sun.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aliza_616
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I rented the room by the week. When I rented the room, I told the owner I would be picking up my daughter in Maryland. I was on day 6 alone and my daughter had arrived after a long night of driving and arriving at 3 am. He told me that there could only be one person in the room. The room was plenty large enough for my daughter. For absolutely no reason, he told me I had to leave in the morning and I even offered more money. I am sorry but this man is the meanest unstable person I have ever met that ran a hotel. The police told me I had to leave in an hour and I absolutely did nothing wrong!!!! But it was private property. I made a great punching bag for him and had loads of stuff to pack up as I just picked daughter up from out of state hospital which she spent 10 months there. The man is not stable. Rent at your own risk. Don't be surprised if he tells u to leave for nothing at all. If it wasn't for that, the place was decent. But, he peers out his window and will stalk you and watch every move you make. Do not have a visitor. I had someone stop by for less than 60 seconds and he starts ringing the phone asking a bunch of questions. WOW!!!! I feel so sorry for his wife as she seemed so nice and sweet. Poor thing being stuck with someone with such a nasty attitude.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank Denise H
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Peloke's is not the Waldorf for sure, but it was clean, the manager (I think probably the owner) was very friendly, and for a night's stay we found it very adequate. The next night we stayed in a $100 per night B&B and it was no better in any way. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: The pool was drained; don't count on one. No fitness center.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I had a terrible experience here. I pulled in during the recent snowstorm, December 14, 2013, and I was out into a room that had absolutely no heat... according to the manager, it takes a while to come on. At 5:30am, the temp gauge finally registered at 55 degrees... slow indeed.
There were two crazy people next door to me that were up, shouting, banging, arguing and blasting their television until 5:30am when I finally fell asleep out of pure exhaustion. This was a scary experience and I felt quite vulnerable.

Charlie, the manager, didn;t appear to care. He completely disregarded what I had to say the next morning and when I called him a few days later to tell him how sick I was because of my night there, he hung the phone up on me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Eileen M
Reviewed 5 December 2013

First time we stayed with our children back in the early 90's. The room walls on the row of buildings parallel to the road were paper thin and we heard every loud noise, scream and party sound on both sides throughout the night. I recall the rear window was broken and missing a piece of glass allowing the snow to drift in during the evening. The heat was non-existent and I felt bad about getting the room based on it's close proximity to our relatives in Germantown. Fast forward 20+ years and imagine my surprise when a wedding at the same relatives put myself (now single) and my parents with various aunts & uncles there. I reluctantly stayed after voicing my opinion as the relatives (now older) were already settled in. It was not nearly as bad, but we were on the most remote side of the complex where one of the "by hour dwellers" assured us they were much better. This fall a 50th wedding anniversary brought all of us here again. This time my parents room was without heat, the management response was to provide a tiny little electric heater that was woefully ineffective. The good news is that the toilets flush very well and there is an abundance of hot water. Pool is shown on the literature, but is bone dry and has been for years. Manager seems fairly nice to customers, not so nice to his workers as I saw him barking at the poor lady cleaning the place. She was very nice and helpful when I spoke to her. All in all, I would only recommend staying there under duress or extenuating circumstances. After the fiasco with my parents in October 2013, I moved to the Rip Van Winkle Motor Lodge and despite my offers to get them moved, they elected to stay at Pelokes because they didn't want to be inconvenienced any more than they already were. The Rip Van Winkle Motor Lodge room cost another $20 per night, but it was a charming little cabin with NONE of the drawbacks that come with the Peloke Motel package. I recommend staying as far away from the place as you can, or at least manage to get check your accommodations to ensure everything is to your satisfaction before booking and paying for your stay.

Room Tip: Get the ones on the side opposite of the check in. The ones that are parallel to the road are "rent by the hour type" and not fit for a professional or family.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family