See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I had a terrible experience here. I pulled in during the recent snowstorm, December 14, 2013, and I was out into a room that had absolutely no heat... according to the manager, it takes a while to come on. At 5:30am, the temp gauge finally registered at 55 degrees... slow indeed.
There were two crazy people next door to me that were up, shouting, banging, arguing and blasting their television until 5:30am when I finally fell asleep out of pure exhaustion. This was a scary experience and I felt quite vulnerable.

Charlie, the manager, didn;t appear to care. He completely disregarded what I had to say the next morning and when I called him a few days later to tell him how sick I was because of my night there, he hung the phone up on me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Eileen M
Reviewed 5 December 2013

First time we stayed with our children back in the early 90's. The room walls on the row of buildings parallel to the road were paper thin and we heard every loud noise, scream and party sound on both sides throughout the night. I recall the rear window was broken and missing a piece of glass allowing the snow to drift in during the evening. The heat was non-existent and I felt bad about getting the room based on it's close proximity to our relatives in Germantown. Fast forward 20+ years and imagine my surprise when a wedding at the same relatives put myself (now single) and my parents with various aunts & uncles there. I reluctantly stayed after voicing my opinion as the relatives (now older) were already settled in. It was not nearly as bad, but we were on the most remote side of the complex where one of the "by hour dwellers" assured us they were much better. This fall a 50th wedding anniversary brought all of us here again. This time my parents room was without heat, the management response was to provide a tiny little electric heater that was woefully ineffective. The good news is that the toilets flush very well and there is an abundance of hot water. Pool is shown on the literature, but is bone dry and has been for years. Manager seems fairly nice to customers, not so nice to his workers as I saw him barking at the poor lady cleaning the place. She was very nice and helpful when I spoke to her. All in all, I would only recommend staying there under duress or extenuating circumstances. After the fiasco with my parents in October 2013, I moved to the Rip Van Winkle Motor Lodge and despite my offers to get them moved, they elected to stay at Pelokes because they didn't want to be inconvenienced any more than they already were. The Rip Van Winkle Motor Lodge room cost another $20 per night, but it was a charming little cabin with NONE of the drawbacks that come with the Peloke Motel package. I recommend staying as far away from the place as you can, or at least manage to get check your accommodations to ensure everything is to your satisfaction before booking and paying for your stay.

Room Tip: Get the ones on the side opposite of the check in. The ones that are parallel to the road are "rent by the hour type" and not fit for a professional or family.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank WCL505
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Peloke's is conveniently located near Thruway Exit 21 and Route 9G, at the western end of the Rip
Van Winkle bridge over the Hudson. It consists of an old-fashioned, one-story U-shaped building, containing perhaps 23 rooms, around a parking lot and sparkling pool. Rooms are good-sized, with dark curtains that block out all light except at the very top, a nice big TV with ESPN and other popular channels, and a basic but nice-enough bathroom. The place is very well maintained and seemed quite clean. Towels are thick and good, considering the budget nature of Peloke's (I paid $65 for a nonsmoking room with a king-sized bed, one person), but you get just two small bars of soap - no shampoo or other amenities. That was OK with me because I liked the good lathering quality of the green soap bars enough to bring the leftovers home with me. I loved the shower, which has good hot water and a generous flow. My room also featured a microwave and refrigerator. The bed seemed a bit hard, however, and I was a bit concerned about the lack of a door chain or other locking device beyond the simple lock operated inside the door knob. The hotel appears to be operated by a Southeast Asian family living behind the office, so you have to ring the doorbell to get the owner to come to the desk - or, if you want to talk to him early in the morning, to unlock the office. I would advise checking in and getting your key no later than early evening, to ensure that he is up and moving.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelNut12309
Reviewed 30 March 2013

This property is beautiful however the rooms leave something to be desired as does the staff. The ownership and management seem to feel they do not need to address guest issues at all. There is a coleat lack of common decency that seems to radiate throughout the interest staff as well as its management team that seems to also be the ownership. This was truly an awful experience. I would not only never return but I would recommend you put our $ to better use else were.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Edulady
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We had found no vacancies here last year, and put this on our list of places to try. We were very pleased, and now know why they are often full.

The motel is a pair of low red brick wings, likely from the '60s, conveniently located just up the hill from town, at the end of the Rip van Winkle bridge. The rate was very good for this part of NY. We paid $70 with tax. The wing we were in (the left hand one) seemed slightly newer. Our room was fairly large, but with two beds, getting around to the alcove where the a/c and table/chairs were was a bit awkward. The furniture was decent, and the beds were clean and comfortable. The rug was looking a bit dingy. The TV was older, and the color was pretty orange, even after I fiddled with it. The room also came with a fridge, microwave, and internet with a good strong signal. The pool looked clean and inviting, but by the time we got back from dinner in town, it was too late.

The bathroom was clean and spacious, with a full tub. There was plentiful hot water. The tub and tile (in an unfortunate two-tone brown) were vintage, but the sink and toilet were new. Towels were your typical smallish white cotton, but softer than usual.

Despite the location at a highway intersection, our night was very quiet, and the room was nice and dark. In an area where you can often pay a lot more and get much less, this motel is a good bet. Be sure to make reservations, since they seem to pack the house, at least in the summer.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple