See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

We had a nice stay at the motor court. The place is small, and the prices are very reasonable. Heat and hot water were excellent as the temps dropped quite low for the last night of our stay, and the service was good. Pool was closed for this time of the year, so can't review that. Sorry to say the the wifi was definitely not great. We were in a room several rooms from the office, and we had basically no connection for 98% of our stay. Morning coffee was excellent according to my friend, and she was able to pick up hot water for my tea. The only other issue we had was the thinness of the walls (I expected nothing less for the style of hotel and it was not a concern for us), but we had a neighbor who complained about a normal conversation being held at 9:30 pm. Argh. Not the fault of the hotel, though!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jelena F
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I had booked the Catskill Motor Court in April of 2015 for a stay in June. I had to cancel due to emergency surgery. I cancelled before the deadline. No problem, or so I thought. I re-booked through Expedia on July 30, 2015. Arrived at around 7 pm and was told right away that "someone had called and cancelled" the reservation. This was an obvious lie and I suspect the place had been overbooked. The woman at the desk wouldn't even check her paperwork. I had the feeling that she was waiting for me to show up just so she could turn me down. 7 pm on a Saturday night of Columbus Day weekend in the Catskills, she knew she was throwing me under the bus! What the heck was I supposed to do?! Tired from my recent cancer treatments and an emergency at home that very morning, I just didn't have the fight in me to argue. I was forced to cut my long planned for weekend short, and facing a drive of over four hours home, as a woman traveling alone, in the dark, I ended up spending the night at another motel which was very basic and didn't even have heat on a cold Catskill night! I plan on being in the area a few more times in the upcoming years, and will be looking for another place that will be reliable in their customer service. I am working with Expedia to resolve this issue and am filing a complaint against this business. By the way, I travel frequently and stay in a more than a dozen motels/hotels a year. Although I have had a few issues when checking in at places booked through a third party, I have never had any not honor my reservation. That is why I knew, the moment I walked in the door here, that something was up and it was not good.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank mrmisrule
Reviewed 7 September 2015

A simple motel that offers a friendly staff nice clean rooms a place where you can truly relax . We rented 2 rooms this weekend and had a fun time. the owners are nice and helpful, eager to have your stay a great one. nice fire pit in back to use. nice clean pool and playground for young children

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2015

I was impressed that it was a nice, large, clean room with comfortable beds. The washroom was smaller than I expected, but clean and plenty of clean towels. Everything was in fine working order: the air conditioning, the WiFi connection and the small fridge.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lrose613
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We stayed 3 nights and were satisfied with our visit. The room was clean and we enjoyed the pool. Marie, the owner, was very nice and provided information about the area. Coffee was provided in the motel office each morning.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends