“Fail as the best green chili in Taos. ”
Review of Ricky's Restaurant

Ricky's Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 134 Restaurants in Taos
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

A review we saw said they had the best green chili in Taos. It was mediocre. No air conditioning. Waited over 10 minutes for chips and salsa. Salsa was obviously store bought.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Not too bad for cheap eats. I had the stuffed sopapillas which were pretty tasty. My daughter’s taco shells did look a little greasy. My son got spaghetti (I know, I know...I tried to talk him into a NMexican dish but teens can’t be dissuaded from their favorite dish). It was sauce out of a jar and was just average. My husband enjoyed his dish as well. The sopapillas were delicious filled with honey!! Service was ok. I think our waitress was having a rough day. I think the menu needs to be paired way down and items like spaghetti and so, so many other dishes taken off the menu. Not sure if I would return.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I was born and raised in northern NM, and since leaving years ago have had a hard time finding good Mexican food. At Ricky's I had the enchilada plate with red and it was very good. I also had the first authentic sopapilla in a long time. Ricky's was definately NOT a disappointment! We will be back whenever in the Taos area.

1  Thank Gary N
Reviewed 26 April 2018

I had the Huevos Rancheros and it was the best I had ever had in my life. My wife had a traditional egg dish and heres was great. It is a small place and they certainly like the Denver Broncos there. A very homey kind if mexican place.

2  Thank Bradley M
Reviewed 21 April 2018

I love the way you feel right at home as soon as you walk in this place. We stopped for lunch, and what a selection. The Pork Chops were incredible. Their Sandwich with fries was pretty tasty as well. Give them a try you will like this place.

1  Thank Dwayne A