All reviews hi express pancake machine front desk nice hotel staff was friendly cinnamon rolls pool and hot tub cross country would stay here again business center king suite top floor decent breakfast beds were comfortable the breakfast area good nights sleep pleasant stay
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Nice Holiday Inn Express. Hotel was clean and staff was very friendly. I don't get the bad reviews. Maybe the renovation was done when I visited, because I never noticed. I would stay again and recommend to friends.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Farmington (Bloomfield), responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Lynn, it was a pleasure having you as our guest at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Farmington (Bloomfield). We strive daily to please our guests and your feedback tells us we are meeting those goals. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Not only was my room filthy but it was so loud!!!! I could hear the people talking in the room next to me, as well as I got to listen to the people on top of my room from 530 in the morning until 11 at night... I'm not sure what was going on but even after calling the front desk it was awful slept like crap...... That being said, that wasn't the worst of it the room, as well as another family member's room, that was a different room and on a different floor, it was filthy... There was hair in the shower/toilet area.... Brown stains on the walls in the bathroom, mold on the pipes as well as the wall at the vanity area, and trash on and under the pullout..... The pool had brown, lack of better word, junk floating in it my kids didn't really want to swim in it it was almost like dead skin. As well as when the staff put chemicals in the hot tub that, as I was informed after the fact can cause chemical burns, she didn't tell me until after she put it in and was completely rude about it like it was inconvenient she had to deal with paying guests enjoying the hot tub we are paying for..... Lastly, we stayed 2 nights and housekeeping didn't bother to come into our room, and our privacy sign was not on our door, and refill the coffee, or provide us with any new shampoos ECT. Nor did they provide any extra /clean linens or make the beds...... I may sound like a picky person however when I pay what I payed for this room I expect a few things cleanliness should go without saying but the fact that I was treated poorly by staff, and slept terribly in a dirty hotel room.... Not impressed... I'd rather sleep in my car than stay at this hotel again...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Farmington (Bloomfield), responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Shannon, thank you for being our guest, your review is appreciated. We assure you this is not our typical level of service, nor does it meet our standards. We will definitely use your constructive feedback to step up our game, your comments have already been shared with not only our housekeeping team but the rest of our team as well. Please contact us if there is anything we can do at this stage to help make things right. We hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves and improve your opinion of our hotel on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

As always, we appreciated the included breakfast and Wifi.

We were very happy to see that this suite was a true suite, with two separate rooms. Unfortunately, many HIE hotels use the word "suite" incorrectly to refer to a single large room, so we were very pleased to get a suite that fit the description accurately. The rooms were spacious, and each one had its own TV and its own thermostat. The living room had a little wet bar with sink, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker.

This suite had a very strange bathroom. The tub/shower and toilet were in a small room together. The sink was completely separate, not attached to the bathroom at all but on the other side of the entryway, and completely exposed to the living room. If the room had been better designed, it could have had a complete, normal bathroom, by using the wet bar space as part of the bathroom, and using the bathroom sink space for the wet bar. Instead, this very strange and unappealing setup.

Although the hotel was not far from the highway, we didn't hear much road noise. In general, the place was quiet, which was nice. However, there was no "constant fan" setting on the thermostat, so the fan turned on and off spontaneously during the night, which was disruptive. It would be better to be able to just leave it on as white noise.

There was a bright streetlamp right outside the bedroom window, and the curtain was too short to keep all the light out, so there was a pink glow in the room at night.

The mattress was so hard that we felt as though we were sleeping on the floor. We both woke up with aching backs and legs.

As much as I like having a spacious room, it is more important to be able to sleep comfortably, and that just wasn't possible here. Sadly, the negatives outweighed the positives.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
00gc, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Farmington (Bloomfield), responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We are delighted to read that overall you had a decent stay with us. However, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced such as the light coming in from underneath the curtain and the lack of a constant fan. We were especially disappointed that you were not comfortable on your mattress. We work hard to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay for our guests, and your comments help us pinpoint areas that need improvement. We hope these issues do not deter you from staying with us again. Thank you again, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We stayed at this hotel in October, 2017. The rooms were clean and the hotel was convenient for our travels.

The internet speed however was slow - only 5 MBps.

I travel regularly on business so the internet speed a hotel provides has become extremely important to me. In fact, I often ask the hotel how fast their internet speeds are, and unfortunately most front desk folks have no idea. I am hoping that management begins to realize that high speed internet needs to be greater than single digit MBps, it shapes my decision as to whether to stay at their hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Farmington (Bloomfield), responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Steve, thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Farmington (Bloomfield). We appreciate your positive comments about how much you both enjoyed your visit. However, I apologize if you had any inconvenience with our internet services and our team is working with the internet provider to improve our facility. We hope you will give us a chance to serve you better the next time you visit our hotel.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel because the company booked it for me. Normally I stay at a different hotel in Farmington. I was somewhat disappointed at the level of service from the front desk. I came into town a little early and asked what time check in was. Of course they answered 3pm and did not offer an early check in or a reason why I could not check in an hour early. I get that it’s not always possible but to just reply 3pm then go back to whatever you are doing was a little disappointing. My advice is that if a guest asks what time is check in give them the courtesy to explain that it’s at 3 and currently early check in is not possible. I basically went into the parking lot and waited. When I came back in to check in I was not greeted and people were coming in and out of the back office while 2 people were at the counter. I patiently waited for one to greet me and tell me they were ready to check me in but that never happened so I finally just walked up to the desk and then I was waited on. The rooms are nice, the hotel is well kept and the WiFi is reliable. For $100+ a night I would have expected better customer service but aside from that it was ok.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Farmington (Bloomfield), responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy to know you were pleased with your room and had an overall pleasant stay. Having said that, we never compromise on the courteous customer service for which our entire staff is trained for, and we can assure you we will redouble our efforts to ensure this does not happen again. We hope you will choose us again so we can show you the example of our hospitality.