“Beautiful quaint riverside hotel with great food”

Lobesa Village Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Punakha
Reviewed 29 June 2018

The beautiful quaint property with just 8 rooms run by a couple was surely one of my favorite hotels in Bhutan. Already acknowledged by Trip Advisor as a eat out for their delicious food. The rooms are spacious and impeccably clean with lovely wood work. Looking at it I thought it was a new property but was shocked to know the hotel was 6 years old as even the paint on the walls looked fresh. The bathroom is spacious and clean. The food was excellent as every dish I tasted was very good.

In the morning I requested the staff to serve me breakfast on the picnic bench by the riverside. It was a beautiful experience sitting by the riverside with the gushing sound of the water on a chill morning under the beautiful sunshine. The only sad part was I had only a night to spend here as I had to head to Paro the next day.I was pleasantly surprised how reasonable the hotel was when I had to sign the bill while checking out. I will surely be back here and next time spend a few days here.

1  Thank Merlin M

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was undoubtedly the best meal we had in Bhutan - a fixed lunch of Bhutanese specialties like ema datshi (chilli cheese curry), jashi maro (chicken), a yummy local bread, red rice, a delicious cabbage stir fry, spinach stir fry, ice cream, Chinese tea et al. Good service, nice ambience and very good value for money. I believe the vegetables are all organic as well. Don't miss it.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely view, great food (one of the best azey I had in Bhutan).

I cannot fault them for anything. Service and food is amazing.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We had buffet lunch here. The food were trully authentic farm cooking dishes, I personally love all and enjoyed very much. Very pleasant decor and natural cool breeze atmoshpere. The staff was friendly and smiling all the time.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Our guide of the Bhutan travel recommended this unique location for on way dinner where the approach was divine with a gurgling stream, stylised foot over-bridge, and a vibrant flush of colourful flowers and vegetation and the entry was royal. The Bhutanese tradition was resplendent. At the reception kiosk, we noticed the Reward Certificate from the Trip Advisor and we were convinced that we had reached the rightest place and this was some place where our family can have peaceful and meditative dinner.

Our hitch was whether we would get good quality of pure vegetarian food. The lady on the counter confirmed positively but since they prepare food only against order, she took our order and suggested that for about an hour or so, we could explore the most charming surrounding. We did that, we enjoyed lavish photography and came back at the appointed hour.

Our dinner in the most relishing taste and style was ready. The place was more or less isolated and offered perfect peace. Family joy was the achievement of the evening.

Thank you Bhutan and thank you Lobesa Village Hotel for making our experience memorable.

1  Thank profpmlakhotia