Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.comUS$88
eDreamsUS$88
Trip.com
1,040 results
All reviews potato head kids club balcony suite garden pool fat turtle perfect location pools bali gym clubs biku
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2022

Stayed at Montigo in a Balcony Suite for 9 nights.

ROOM: Upon arrival at 11pm, there were already a number of problems with the room. Th TV wasn't working, fridge wasn't working and there was a strange smell at the entrance. Also, the water from the taps was quite smelly and it was obvious these had not been used in a while. I suggest letting all taps run for at least 10-15 minutes as soon as you arrive. This was all fixed the following morning but it should really be ready to go in every instance. I also noticed that the balcony railing was very loose and if someone heavier than me leant on it, they would probably fall. On two occasions, I also returned to my room to find out my key wasn't working and this required multiple trips back and forth to reception to have someone fix it.

Bed was extremely comfortable.

TV wasn't working properly - the sound and image were not in sync and it was obvious a satellite connection is being used. This needs to be fixed as I rarely used the tv because of this.

BREAKFAST: Minimal and basic selection of food. I had bacon, eggs, toast and hash browns each morning but I found the food to be extremely oily.

FACILITIES: Gym had basic and dated equipment but you would be better off going to one of the bigger gyms for a proper workout in Seminyak. Main pool was great for a quick dip.

The staff were great and always on hand to fix everything needed but the entire hotel just needs a bit of love and a good refurbishment. Would probably look at staying at the Alila or W next time but for the price I paid, I can't complain.

Date of stay: May 2022
2  Thank WhereToStay23
Agus Wirawan, Manajer Umum at Montigo Resorts Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2022

Dear WhereToStay23,

Thank you for highlighting your concern on various issues,and we have work on it.TV we are on progress to upgrading the channels that cause some disturbances in between.For others issue,its been identified and resolved.

Nevertheless,on going we are progressing on improving our facilities for better service and experience for our guest.

I do apologies for inconvenience,and hopefully we can welcome you back for better stay.

Reviewed 2 May 2022

Three nights here and I should of left after the first night.

Pros: lovely staff, balcony was great (albeit uncomfortable chairs) and the location is very good. Wifi also worked well and the air con is good.

Cons: the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept in. Cement slabs. I had two toppers put on my bed but these aren’t proper mattress toppers, just duvets with feathers. They need proper foam/bamboo toppers. I had to sleep on all the pillows to try and get some comfort. Not comfortable. Housekeeping must of changed my sheets yesterday and the smell of the sheets/bedding for my last night made me wonder if accidentally old sheets off someone’s bed had been put on mine - smells either like sweat or more like sheets have not been dried properly. Also no top sheet on the bed so the duvet is the only cover.

Also there is a smell of smoke all the time esp in the morning. It’s not good to wake up to smoke but I have no idea where that is coming from.

Noisy mini bar fridge. Every 10 minutes it would make a loud generator noise

Tv - a wide variety of channels only 3 worked.

Breakfast - do not eat the breakfast. It’s better to walk to sisterfields or Coffee Cartel or Gourmet cafe - all good but don’t eat the breakfast here.

Upon arrival to my room, noticed my bathroom was unclean. Hairs in my sink and toilet smelt and stained seat. I had to call and asked for it to be re cleaned. It was not re cleaned that great and I had no soap to wash my hands. Yesterday housekeeping thoroughly cleaned bathroom and even looked like either they changed my toilet seat as it was now without stains. And the toilet looked like it had been bleached which was good.

Some other guests are very loud. The building is an echo chamber so be prepared if you stay to hear lots of door slamming and people being loud.

I am so disappointed that this is my first overseas trip for nearly 3 years and first place I stay is a huge let down.

I am off to Ubud now with a very sore neck and back due to the bed and uncomfortable pillows.

I wouldn’t return or recommend this hotel. Hopefully it improves as the staff are very sweet people but I am not sure where the 4 star rating has come from. It’s 2 star in my opinion.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Winston72
Agus Wirawan, Manajer Umum at Montigo Resorts Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2022

Dear Winston72,

Thank you for giving us a pointer and highlight of the things needed to improve.I will look in to it seriously,which are in this business,your comfort are at our utmost priority.
Bed sheets i am assure we never use from previous guest,as we do have strict measure on hygiene.
Currently we have revamp our breakfast service,from Ala carte with buffet,as well more staff to do the service.
TV Channels been fixed,currently we have 60 channels.

Nevertheless,we thank you for valuable feed back,and wishing you stay healthy always

Kind Regards

Reviewed 30 April 2022 via mobile

This is our first trip back to Bali after the pandemic. The hotel was good enough to honour a 2 year old voucher. The staff try very hard but the hotel is tired and in need of a good makeover. Few teething problems as they reopen such as restricted menu, basic breakfast included & bar light on with choice.
On the up side they have some lovely rooms overlooking the pool. The pool is quite well kept.
The best part of the whole experience at the resort is the location walking to fabulous restaurants such as Mano Lalucciola & Rustica all amazing & 5 star world class food.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank elizabethbA8037VU

Dear elizabethbA8037VU,

Warmest greeting from Montigo Resorts,Seminyak,

Thank you for sharing valuable feed back on TripAdvisor ,certainly we are looking very seriously on the feed back given to us.We have gradually increasing our menu,as well now for breakfast we have opened for buffet.One of the reason we are doing a la carte breakfast previously mostly to kept hygiene standard while assessing the best practice for buffet.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future,with certainly more better services.

Reviewed 25 April 2022 via mobile

We actually stayed right as Covid was becoming a thing. The staff are absolutely amazing, attentive, remembered everyone’s names, even really looked after us when I got sick, sorted a doctor and free food. Our room was one of the units with our own pool which was amazing. I highly recommend the Montigo and we will definitely go back!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank 810nickya
Agus Wirawan, Manajer Umum at Montigo Resorts Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2022

Dear 81Onickya,

All of us here cant wait to welcome you back,and we will assure your comfort are our top priority.

Thank you for sharing your happy moments,and wishing you to have a good health always.

With Kind Regards.

Reviewed 24 April 2022 via mobile

Me and my family have a very nice two night at the resort , the room is big , clean , the design is also modern minimalist and the staff is very friendly , their facility is very good too, the playground for kids is big, the pool is clean and big , the food is delicious ,

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Melissa G

Dear Melissa G,

Warmest Greeting from Montigo Resorts,Seminyak,

We are delighted to learn you and family were happy with our hotel and facilities.
Indeed one of our highlight is our Kids Club,consider the biggest in the area.

We thank you for staying with us and giving us a support,and we look forward to welcome you and family in the near future.

With Kind Regards,