All reviewsred cloudhonesty baroutdoor jacuzzigarden routeperfect combinationgreat hostsdutch couplewarm welcomesouth africabeautiful gardendelicious breakfastattention to detaillounge areaspacious bathrooma great stayeach morningbeautiful room
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful place, with superb owners. I informed them that I would be arriving late and would be leaving very early the next morning, and asked if the could pack a breakfast for me to take away as I would've leaving before breakfast would be served. Well, the breakfast they packed and left in my room was fit for a king. The owner met me as I arrived and assisted me with carting my luggage to the room. Awesome place and wonderful attention to detail. True German perfection. I have stayed here before and can definitely recommend this place for a great stay. Only regret is that my stay was too short. The grounds in the establishment are wonderful, with a pool, jacuzzi and lovely fruit trees. Awesome place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LanceB649
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Thank you Martin for a great stay. Beautiful room with large ensuite bathroom, delightful grounds with swimming pool and hot tub. We were lucky to see some colourful birds flying around the estate. Relaxing stay, delcious breakfast. Would recommend.

Room Tip: South facing suite.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2017

What a fantastic stay. It was everything I expected and more. My husband and I spent two nights in the Red Cloud Room. One of the day’s was spent just chilling out at the estate - a wise move. I spent a perfect afternoon in the lounge listening to the birds in the beautiful gardens and enjoying a relaxing time reading while my husband was sketching on the deck at the Lilly pond. Coffee machine in lounge area was a nice touch as was the wide selection of reading material. There is also an outdoor Jacuzzi (very clean) which we used the one evening. Care was taken that there were different items on the buffet each morning. Cooked breakfast available to order - bacon is outstanding! Carla and Maarten (owners) were attentive to our needs while at the same time respecting our privacy - a rare balance! There are two resident well-behaved / trained Ridgebacks that add to the charm of the estate. The wifi speed was also excellent (unlike so many places which offer free wifi which does not work properly)

Room Tip: Red Cloud most spacious (worth it for more than one night or you intend on spending time enjoying the estate). Also has Nespresso machine.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Last time we were in Swellendam and at Bloomestate was 2004, so quite some time ago. Maarten and Carla bought the property a year later, they are really great hosts and the propery is stylish with a relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast is very nice presented. We will not forget the dogs, how sweet and well trained! Would certainly reccomend Bloomestate and Swellendam!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at the beautiful guesthouse Bloomestate! Thanks to the outstanding care and hospitality of owners Maarten en Carla.
Every day starts with a really delicious breakfast with fresly squeezed juice, bread, fruits, cakes, eggs etc. And all the food is presented so festive!
After breakfast you can enjoy the beautiful big garden with swimming pool and jacuzzi where you can relax and have a astonishing view of the mountains.
If the weather is not so good, you can enjoy the cosy lounge with free tea and coffee, books, films and a so called honesty bar.
The big rooms are tidy and provided with a comfortable bed, bathroom, minibar, tv and a safe. Bloomestate is situated next to a spa and a beauty and massage salon. After a couple of days enjoying the wonderful stay it felt like a very warm home.
If we have the chance we will definitely go again. Thank you Carla en Maarten!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
bloomestate, Owner at Bloomestate, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Thanks Filip and Ingrid for this wonderful review of your stay. It was a real pleasure to host you here at Bloomestate and you are most welcome next time around! xx