Agoda.com
All reviews future trips loved the decor oxtail enjoyed our stay great hospitality comfortable rooms delicious food business trip netflix guesthouse accommodation tv establishment
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2021

We had a great stay two night stay at The Bohemian Guest house while in Magoebaskloof for a wedding. The room was gorgeous and comfortable and the breakfast was always delicious. Thank you so much for a pleasant stay!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021

Stunning accomadation. Excellant food and service. I loved the decor and impressed how delicious their food . very comfortable rooms and luxurious. Lots of details made it unique and felt relaxed. Recommended.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2021 via mobile

Over the past 20 years, travelling as an adult, I have never left a hotel/B&B/self catering etc place early and more importantly, I’ve never come across someone in the hospitality industry who has such a bad attitude and so defensive as Liesel, who I assume is the manager. I’m also very disappointed in the owner that she wants to communicate via WhatsApp voice notes and can’t even give us a call or explain why she cannot call.

The rooms are beautifully done, decor wise - but look onto a construction site and driveway (see picture), which we were ok with, even though staff walk right past your room, so you need to keep your curtains closed. For those who are concerned over security, they have electric fencing and large walls/fences - but there is a 1-2 metre gap for anyone to walk in (see picture). For breakfast, we arrived upstairs at the breakfast area - staff were too concerned over a function they were setting up for to care about guests staying and having breakfast. The cappuccino machine was broken, so only filter coffee was available. For breakfast, there is no choice at all, all of a sudden a plate with ‘2 proteins and a carb’ (quoting the manager) appears - no choice of how you want your eggs done etc, literally a ready made plate. According to Liesel this isn’t a boutique hotel, it’s a B&B and the breakfast is ‘complimentary’, hence the food is served like that (said with the poor attitude she had shown during our stay). I have never come across a B&B that serves breakfast like that. I would even have been able to choose if I want scrambled instead of a fried egg, or have my bacon extra crispy at Wimpy, so the whole experience was just so surprising and really doesn’t match the beautiful interior.

It was also extremely disappointing to see the staff wearing masks around their necks and not their faces even while serving us. It made us concerned over what measures the B&B is taking to stop the spread of Covid-19 and potentially putting its guests at risk.

For foreigners and fellow local travellers - this is not the standard of service you should be happy with, I have stayed at so many places (hotels, B&B’s etc) locally and globally (in tiny towns and big cities) with such amazing service - we all deserve better, especially that the place has such stunning decor, which is why I chose to stay there in the first place.

This is the longest review I have ever done, but I feel it’s important for fellow travellers to understand the risks they are taking by staying here and I would hope fellow travellers would do the same for me.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 280steffenk
Reviewed 19 December 2020

This is a darling little place to stay with great hospitality, delicious food and comfortable rooms. I would highly recommend it and would stay again on future trips to the area. Thanks very much for the stay!

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 30 November 2020 via mobile

An incredible amount of care and attention has gone into the decorating of this magnificent property - the owner has a great eye for detail. This establishment has efficient, friendly staff and serves delicious food. It really is must visit when staying over in Tzaneen.

Date of stay: November 2020