All reviews full kitchen closet space sized refrigerator nice stay an upgrade hotel is located two night stay breakfast was excellent bedroom suite continental breakfast dishwasher townhouse appliances laundry desk suitcases nj
Reviewed 14 September 2018

While check-in was quick and the staff polite and efficient, I had quite a few issues with this property...

The grounds are very well kept, however, the rooms are in great need of updating and a thorough cleaning. While my room was not dirty, it wasn't completely clean either. Also, there were quite a few (okay, a LOT) of annoying flying insects in my room. I placed a call in to the front desk who advised they would send someone over to remedy the situation and no one arrived. Considering the price I paid to stay here a week before Labor Day, this was unacceptable.

Lastly, my room was located in the building rear of this property. I noticed some very sketchy people in this area. Much to my dismay, I learned from one of the locals that this resort doubles as a halfway house for ex-cons/addicts. If you plan to stay here with your family (especially if you have young children) you may want to keep this in mind.

At check out I voiced my concerns about the issues to the front desk attendant who recorded my contact information for a manager to contact me. It never happened. Needless to say, I will not be a return customer at this location. It's really a shame too because most Wyndham resorts are quality properties. Not this one.

Room Tip: Avoid the rear building!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank MsGetThere
Sanjay S, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hello,
Thank you for your review and we apologize that you had a less than desirable experience at our property. We have already started addressing the issues.
Nevertheless we would like to assure you that our hotel DOES NOT host any ex-cons/addicts, so,that information given to you is totally false. Therefore our property is totally safe to stay, for families with children.
Have a nice day.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF. GOT CURSED AT AND RIDICULED! MANAGER A JOKE!
PLEASE pay attention to the bad reviews. If you were like me, you thought "It can't be THAT bad... please believe me, IT IS!!" 0 Stars is way too many for this place.

We were looking forward to our stay in their most expensive room, the 2-level penthouse suite.

- When we arrived, the shower heads had so much caked on dirt, they were red. So dirty to the point where maintenance had to come in and actually change the shower heads.
- The fridge had no suction and could not close properly. When maintenance came, they said that the wrong drawers were put in and that's why it wouldn't close.
- Lights were missing bulbs, so the whole room was dim
- Tub never drained, which is a serious slipping hazard
- TV not working properly
Once these issues were presented to the front desk, they had said the room is un-rentable to any future guests because of all of the problems (yet, they rented it to us without checking out all of the problems?). We were told we would get help moving from one room to another since we had 2 adults that were not capable of walking up two flights with baggage and a child. Finally, over 2 hours later, help came.

Second room:
- There were fruit flies EVERYWHERE - we threw out the garbage immediately and all of our food was covered. Definitely not from us.
- The front door would not lock. An obvious safety issue. Maintenance had to come with power tools to readjust the lock.
- Housekeeping did not clean the cook top or wipe/mop the floors. They left the floors just as dirty as it was before she came.
- Sheets had holes and rips in them and we had to walk to the office in the rain to pick up the sheets because they said they had no staff to bring them to us.
- Again, TV did not work properly in the living room - all the channels were fuzzy and at some points, the TV froze. We had to continually unplug the power supply. Took until our last night for them to "attempt" to fix it.

When checking out, we explained the whole situation to the woman at the front desk and had asked to speak to the manager. The "manager" had a nasty, wise answer for everything.
About the tub not draining, he asked "did anyone slip?" "OK then, next problem!"
Fruit flies - he had told us it was our problem because there was food in the room. Well, yeah... Your rooms come with a full kitchen!!
About the door not being able to be locked, we asked is that our fault, too? He asked us "Well, did anyone break in?" Well no, because we had to notify you guys to fix it!

When he asked what we wanted, we said we want some sort of refund because of everything we had to go through. His response was "We're going to do ZERO for you!" So we told him we will be calling corporate and explain the situation to them. He said "Don't worry, I already called and covered my a**"
When walking out, the woman at the front desk with short curly hair starting cursing at us and berating us through the window, calling us names.

That's the kind of treatment we receive after this awful experience we've had? We get cursed at and ridiculed?

They did not care one bit about our experience and they will not care about yours. Please do yourself a favor and choose ANY OTHER hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mrlk30
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

mrlk30,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff. We are working to take care of all of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

My family stayed several times at the Tinton Falls Marriott Residence Inn. This hotel was bought out by Hawthorn Suites in December 2017. We stayed at the Residence Inn on the last day that it was owned by Marriott. This hotel stay was disappointing because the rooms and amenities were not taken care of at all. Many things needed to be repaired. When we stayed at the Hawthorn Suites in September 2018, we found the hotel to be in even worse condition than when Marriott owned it. The entrance of our room had a door that I was unable to open. The door would not open over a piece of flooring that was elevated near the entrance way. My husband had to physically ram his body into the door to enter the hotel room. I could not be in the room alone since I could not get the door opened. This was a major safety issue, especially in the event of a fire. Additionally, the light cover was missing in the bathroom; the ice maker was broken; the tub floor had a huge rust spot the size of a cantalope; and there were gnats in the room. Since staffing was so short on labor day weekend, 2 employees used 2 of their underage sons to work at the hotel, performing jobs such as delivering linens and supplies to rooms that requested supplies. I had one positive experience with this hotel. I requested a feather free room due to severe allergies and asthma. This request was granted without any difficulty, which was greatly appreciated.
When Hawthorn Suites purchased the Marriott Residence Inn, they should have closed down the hotel to renovate the major issues needing attention prior to reopening as Hawthorn Suites. This hotel has the potential to be a great place to stay, like it was for several years, prior to becoming neglected.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Wendy R
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Wendy R,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. We are dedicated to ensuring that you receive the highest level of service and your feedback will help us to correct and improve our accommodations and amenities to better achieve this determined goal. We can't wait to show you how we continue to improve based on feedback like yours.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

The hotel is great for active families; it offered half-court basketball, a small soccer field with goals, and an outdoor volleyball area on the lawn. There is a small pool and a fire ring with a grilling area, too. It's a short drive to Asbury Park beach among other beaches. I had no issues with the WiFi. Breakfast was included and there was a nice selection of both hot and cold foods from which to choose. Coffee and tea are available around the clock.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

lfilip583868,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls . We are truly pleased to learn that our team member provided excellent service to you and your fellow friends/family. We welcome you to visit our hotel again in the near future. Have a great day!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Great property with pool, fire pit and grill with other sports features. Could use a little help with overall appearance. Recommend and will be back for our annual trip to Monmouth Park. Breakfast. Waffles good. Eggs and sausage not so good

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Michael Y,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tinton Falls Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay and that you are strongly recommend us for other travelers. I hope you'll return to enjoy a better experience with our breakfast service.