“Beer & Burger”

Cuisines: American, Bar, Grill
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 21 September 2018

On the last evening of my recent trip to New Jersey, I visited Mj's, which is within walking distance of where I was staying. While there is a dining area, it was after 7:00 and, being alone, I chose to sit in the upper floor's bar. Mj's has a great bar area with plenty of seating. Multiple screens on which one can watch almost any game that you wish! While one bartender, who was cleaning up, greeted me - the other was a bit more standoffish. She gave me my beer and walked away. It took some time for her to return so I could get her attention to ask for a menu, which she provided. The menu is brimming with choices so almost anyone can find something - from meat and fish to pizza, and almost anything else one could want. I ordered the Classic Cheeseburger, which came with a pickle spear and fries. My order appeared quickly, delivered by another server.
The beer tasted good and was cold. I asked for the burger to be medium and it was perfect, served with sliced onions. While I didn't find the staff "engaging", I was not really there to chat. Bottom line is that I would recommend this venue as sports bar, since I haven't been in the dining room. I will visit Mj's again on my next trip.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 20 June 2018

This place is very dark on the inside, major bar feel. Great specials, and drink specials.
Service was good, I would recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Fiercekitten
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Slow service. Food just ok. Nothing special. Noisy bar crowd and very difficult to hear, even in the dining area. Just your average local restaurant/bar.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank jdfszoo
Reviewed 3 February 2018

We have been coming to this fine restaurant for several years. Actually we have dined at this site for almost 30 years, going back to when it was originally The Grist Mill! Owners and restaurant names and menus have changed, but its resurgence as an MJ's has been a delightful experience! Stellar staff, delicious meals, and beautiful views make this a special restaurant. I am a vegetarian, as well as gluten intolerant, and there are several choices satiating my culinary quirks! Their veggie burger is homemade and the best I have ever eaten! Moreover, their homemade coleslaw is amazing! I always ask for a side of chipotle mayonnaise because it is such a treat! My spouse loves the chicken Italiano panini, and our grandkids especially like the children's menu and looking out at the falls from the big picture windows. The staff is always attentive and friendly and ever- so- accommodating. Oh-- and a great place to take your Valentine, too! Highly recommended!

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank richardmC8877TJ
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We had a group lunch here today. There were 12 of us, and we were seated downstairs with a lovely view of the water and woods in the snow. Food was excellent, service was outstanding.

Date of visit: January 2018