“Good Pre-Theater Venue”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: NJ Transit
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Located near the Two Rivers Theater, Pazzo gears its operation to serving the pre-theater crowd and does it well. We were there with a group of five couples and asked for separate checks - no problem. Varied menu and good food. The Pizzelle Tower for dessert served the entire table.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped at Pazzo for dinner Sunday night. There were five of us. My wife had the Caprese Salad and crab cakes appetizer. She loved both. One guest had the chicken Marsala and reported it very nice. Another had the Sunday Sauce over rigatoni with sausage and meatballs. Lovely. The sauce had great depth. I had the chicken parm, and it was a model. I forget what the other guest had, but he thought it was very good. Pazzo has a nice selection of wines by the glass at fair prices. Nice buzz in the room for a Sunday evening.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went last week to celebrate our anniversary. We had a restaurant coupon and decided to try this restaurant since we often pass by but never patronized them. Since we did not make reservations, there was a slight wait. My fault since I assumed reservations were not necessary for a rainy Wednesday evening. WRONG! There was a show at Count Basie that night and several graduation celebrations. Nonetheless our wait was only 8 minutes although we were told it would be about 30 minutes or less. We were seated in the outside patio area which is enclosed during winter and inclement weather. During a beautiful warm evening, this would be a fantastic option. I will have to return in the future to experience that.
My husband and I ordered an eggplant appetizer which was very good. It had mozzarella cheese on top and a diced tomato topping with a little pesto and balsamic sauce drizzled on the edge of the plate. My only criticism was that the eggplant was over dried and too crisp. For entree, I ordered the Chilean sea bass with cleans and mussels—very delicious and full of sauce. My husband had the tuna with mushroom risotto. He thought the tuna was slightly over cooked but the risotto was good yet heavy with lots of cheese and a truffle oil drizzle. We then shared the ice cream torta for dessert which was wonderful.
The restaurant also has wonderful specials: Monday is pasta/pizza half price; Tuesday is prefixed menu for $30; Wednesday is a wine special day. I would like to return to try the Monday and Tuesday specials. Restaurant is always busy so you know it’s good. Service was very good too—the servers are attentive and helpful.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I lost 125 pounds and am always looking to dine at a place that can support my healthy lifestyle. Pazzo certainly does! My son and I shared a generous bowl of pasta fagioli. My eggplant sandwich was well made. Service was super friendly. Will be back and it is worth the trip!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

Try to get a table in the center of the restaurant or outside. We were stuck away in an aisle off the main restaurant. That being said, the food is super-good. Great Pasta and great Tuna. Very large portions, so either share or take home for another meal. The service was very good (our Server was Justin). They have a 2-for-1 Pasta night (I think it's Tuesday?), so will definitely be looking for that. The bar is also a great Bar scene and they have music sometimes. A little off the beaten Red Bank track but easy to park in the parking garage next door.