“AMAZING!”

The Poached Pear Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Poached Pear Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: THE POACHED PEAR BISTRO Located at 816 Arnold Ave in the beautiful shore community of Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey The Poached Pear Bistro is a stylish, yet family friendly, BYO contemporary American restaurant featuring excellent food and reasonable prices in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Chef-owner Scott Giordano, formerly executive chef at Whispers in Spring Lake, NJ, and sous chef at the Saddle River Inn in Saddle River, NJ, and his highly professional kitchen and wait staff are committed to providing patrons with a truly pleasing and memorable dining experience. Close
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This place is the best kept secret on the Jersey Shore! The food is outstanding and the service was top tier. Not to mention, it's BYOB which is fantastic! We went with a 4 and 7 year old and the kids menu was great ($12 for filet mignon - my daughter gobbled it up!) You are missing out if you haven't been! GO!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 6 September 2017

The Poached Pear is the best kept secret on the Jersey Shore! The food is outstanding and the service is very professional. And it's a BYOB which is always nice. And they have a kid's menu ($12 for filet mignon - what?). Having been there several times, we've had the clams and mussels appetizer (had to get more bread to soak up the delicious broth), the foie gras (seared perfectly - not on the menu, just ask), the rare tuna was perfect, the lamp chops are to die for, the filet mignon melted in my mouth, their home made ice cream was heavenly......I could go on and on. Get the picture? Don't hesitate - GO!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We had an excellent dinner, served professionally. I had the mussels and clams appetizer which was excellent. My husband had the corn soup - also excellent. For entrees we had the Mahi-Mahi and the lobster special. Both of these meals could not have been any better. We will definitely return. It is a BYOB .
Wonderful meal and service. Such a pleasure to be there.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We dined at the Poached Pear while visiting Point Pleasant. The second we walked in the door, we were greeted and shown to our table by one of the owners. The food was absolutely wonderful. I had filet mignon, and my husband had veal tenderloin. We do not usually order dessert, but we did, and it was one of the best desserts I have ever had. I ordered the key lime pie special, and my husband ordered the flourless chocolate cake. The service was excellent. This was truly one of the best dining experiences we have ever had.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Went there for 25th Wedding Anniversary while on vacation. Had mussels and clams from daily special menu....outside the portion, it was reallr tasty.
Poached salad was excellent. Entree of rack of lamb could have made more meat, but was really good. Only somewhat so so item was the lemon napoleon dessert.
Service was very attentive and would recommend ti anyone.

Date of visit: August 2017