“Delicious”

The Poached Pear Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Poached Pear Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: THE POACHED PEAR BISTRO Located at 816 Arnold Ave in the beautiful shore community of Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey The Poached Pear Bistro is a stylish, yet family friendly, BYO contemporary American restaurant featuring excellent food and reasonable prices in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Chef-owner Scott Giordano, formerly executive chef at Whispers in Spring Lake, NJ, and sous chef at the Saddle River Inn in Saddle River, NJ, and his highly professional kitchen and wait staff are committed to providing patrons with a truly pleasing and memorable dining experience. Close
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We had an excellent dinner, served professionally. I had the mussels and clams appetizer which was excellent. My husband had the corn soup - also excellent. For entrees we had the Mahi-Mahi and the lobster special. Both of these meals could not have been any better. We will definitely return. It is a BYOB .
Wonderful meal and service. Such a pleasure to be there.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We dined at the Poached Pear while visiting Point Pleasant. The second we walked in the door, we were greeted and shown to our table by one of the owners. The food was absolutely wonderful. I had filet mignon, and my husband had veal tenderloin. We do not usually order dessert, but we did, and it was one of the best desserts I have ever had. I ordered the key lime pie special, and my husband ordered the flourless chocolate cake. The service was excellent. This was truly one of the best dining experiences we have ever had.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Went there for 25th Wedding Anniversary while on vacation. Had mussels and clams from daily special menu....outside the portion, it was reallr tasty.
Poached salad was excellent. Entree of rack of lamb could have made more meat, but was really good. Only somewhat so so item was the lemon napoleon dessert.
Service was very attentive and would recommend ti anyone.

1  Thank dimo10532
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on March 29, 2017 for our anniversary. It was recommended by a coworker of mine and the food was excellent. We both had the lobster bisque which was very good, followed by the Poached Pear Salad which was absolutely delicious. We both had one of the specials that was Maine lobster tail and claw out of the shell, poached in a saffron sauce, over a crab cake, inside a wonton shell, with sautéed spinach over mashed potatoes. Then we each got two desserts! The pineapple sorbet was really good and so was the Rene brûlée! We will definitely eat here again!

1  Thank njdevils430
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This place is located in the perfect spot, in Point. You can stroll around after dinner and enjoy the little shops around the area. The food was good and so was the service. I will be returning for sure!

2  Thank K V