“Love Early Bird Special”
Review of Houlihan's

Houlihan's
Reserve with OpenTable
Houlihan's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 231 Restaurants in New Brunswick
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Their Early Bird Special is until 5:30 and you get so much food for a nice price. I had the loaded baked potato soup which is topped with cheese and bacon and scallions - it was so yummy. Then I had the burger with french fries. All of which were tasty. Then for dessert I got the cheesecake which I had to take to go because I couldn't eat another bite. The service was good and I like that they are accommodating. They have no issue substituting cauliflower mash instead of potatoes or fries, etc. With everyone's dietary restrictions today, I'm surprised not more restaurants are as lenient.

AlexFromHoulihans, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

So glad to hear you enjoy our Early Bird Menu! Thanks, and we look forward to serving you again soon. - Ag

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We have been here a few times. We always sit at the bar as the service is fantastic, thanks Missy and Jordan’s. It was raining out and the bar was packed. The food is always good. This time we had the prime rib and chicken fajitas. The prime rid was done perfect and the fajitas were hot and plentiful. Always want to return.

AlexFromHoulihans, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

So glad you enjoyed the service and our dishes! Thanks so much, and we look forward to serving you again soon. - Ag

Reviewed 16 June 2018

This is a chain restaurant, so you pretty much know what you are getting. You either like this restaurant or you don't. However, compared to other chains is does have some interesting appetizers and entrees that are flavorful and different. Even the service is slightly above average. We go here a lot more than other chain restaurants because it is on our usual routes and my daughter, who is a very picky eater, likes the food.

The problem at this location is how they treat children. The first time we noticed that children are not treated well was a few years ago with a group that included two other families with children. It had been a long day and the kids were hungry. We asked that their entrees be served with our appetizers. The server told us she was not allowed to do that. When we asked for the manager, he said it was against company policy. Since that time we have eaten here less but we have also noticed that our children always get served after the adults and the children's plates are always too hot for them to touch. The latest time this happened was actually tonight (6/15/18). With three adults and three children the kids were waited about 5 minutes longer for their food after the adults were served and the plates were scalding hot.

AlexFromHoulihans, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

I'm very sorry to hear about this experience. We would love to discuss further if you would be so kind as to email us directly at agulino@houlihans.com. Thanks for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you. - Ag

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Just another chain restaurant nothing to rave about. The food was good and so was the service. Plenty of seating at bar and in dining area. I was actually surprised at how many open tables there were on a Sunday afternoon.

AlexFromHoulihans, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Appreciate the feedback. We do try to create something unique with our scratch kitchen, and hope you do give us another try. -Ag

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My colleagues and I ate here after a day working at a nearby customer. We had 9 people at our table so the waiter did a good job of keeping up with the drinks and food orders. I had the NY Strip steak which is not my favorite cut of meat. This was cooked to perfection and was delicious. The appetizers were also very good.

AlexFromHoulihans, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Glad to hear you & your party enjoyed your visit with us! Thanks for the feedback, and we look forward to serving you again soon. - Ag