See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

You should not be representing this hotel. It's is a pimp prostitution and drug infested. The room stinks and very dirty. It's not for any family. I was so scared as fast as we checked in that's how fast we checked out. The beds were dirty I took my kids and ran.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank byrd008
abvineptune, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

We are very sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory stay at our hotel, we take our guests seriously. We do want you to know, if you had come to office, we would have happily changed your room if you were not comfortable and if you had changed your plans and wanted to cancel your room, you should have come to Front desk immediately after check in, we would have refunded your money.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone and I work in the customer service industry. For starters, our phone was broken which was an inconvenience but no big deal. Our sheets were stained. They gave us two towels for three people to shower with. When we tried to get more, we were given a hard time and were told that we have to wait. It's funny how this hotel mentions that you have a "private" balcony. You're in for a surprise! The "private" balcony is a long hallway with stains and wet carpeting. What aggravated me the most was that our door didn't even close properly. Not only was the lock broken but you could fit half of your shoe underneath it. Luckily, the maintenance man was kind enough to find weather stripping and fix the door. Not to mention that we paid $200 for ONE night to stay in disgusting conditions and put up with an unaccommodating, rude staff.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nicole V
abvineptune, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

We are very sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. We try our best to meet the expectations of our customers. We were working very hard during your stay to address your concerns. Unfortunately, some of your requests were simply not reasonable. You rented a room with a King size bed. This room is designed for two people, which is why you found two towels in your room. We have rooms designed for more than two people. These rooms have two separate beds, and a total of four towels. You should have booked this room instead of the room with the king size bed. Yet we still decided to meet your demands. Although, we could not supply you with an extra towel immediately for the hotel was sold out. We had to make sure that every room was ready to rent and every customer was satisfied. You requested an "extra towel." Extra towels are supplied after all rooms and customers staying over are fully supplied. This is why you had to wait. But a lack of patience is no reason to yell at our supervisor and housekeeper. Our housekeepers work very hard to satisfy every customer in the hotel, and it is quite insulting when you speak to them in an abusive manner to them. They were trying to explain to you that it is impossible for them to provide you with extra towels, but you were just not ready to listen. You made several other demands as well, and we tried our best to make sure your demands were met. Our maintenance man placed a door sweeper under the door, and the manager tried his best to make sure you were comfortable. To be frank, we were surprised that you posted this bad review. We were surprised because you got the extra towel you demanded, and the door sweeper was added under the door for your comfort. Our sheets are professionally cleaned at a commercial laundry service called Arrow Linen. Also we did not mention a "private balcony” on our website. You most likely saw that feature on Booking.com, it's third party website and therefore you should contact them regarding the "private balcony." We do not force our customers to purchase a room at our hotel. As a matter of fact, Manager offered you a refund if you were that dissatisfied with the room and if you want to leave, we would have refunded you in full if you had requested it shortly after checking in. But you decided to stay at our establishment. Once again, we apologize for the problems you had during your stay at America’s Best Value Inn-Neptune

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I traveled from California to this place for work. I booked my hotel on booking.com there was a miscommunication with my room I had added a day to my stay and there wasn't a room for that day... No big deal to me at all..
What really got me is the man at the corner was so unprofessional! He first precedes to tell me that my reservation somehow it got cancelled yet again not a big deal to me I would just rebook.. however not only does he try to charge me a lot more but he discriminates against me because I am disabled and need a service dog.. he tried to charge me more than $150 than what my booking was and called my certified trained and registered service animal a pet, and tries to charge me an additional $20 a day for my service dog. As if that wasn't enough he questions my age (I am 27) saying I don't even look old enough to get a hotel. This was literally the worst customer service I've ever had in my entire life. I'm so horrified I'm going to the USSRD and getting them involved. What they did was not legal! Not only did I leave there unhappy I left feeling like a freak for having a disability..
I called Crystal inn and they were up to date on their service dog laws and even if you do have a pet they are still pet friendly. I recommend Crystal inn, same quality staff there is absolutely amazing. Oh and the fun fact that they actually follow the law..

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Barbie G
abvineptune, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

This reservation was through Travel Agent, Booking.com, you tried to extend one more day and our Motel PMS system had already reservation and there fore your reservation failed. Also We do charge fees for cleaning rooms, As many people are allergic.
Thank you.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Ok low budget accommodations. Not very accommodating. I arrived at 3:00 am. The Clerk would not allow any extension to 11:00 am checkout but was nice enough to allow 12 noon check out for extra $20. Breakfast till 10 am basic cereal n bagels.
Offer pool, but no extra towels for pool use. Seems more like our way or the highway.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank WillieGNYC

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a nice review. We are very happy that you had a great time here at Americas Best Value Inn. We do hope to see you again soon! Please remind us on your next booking, we will be more than happy to offer you some discount.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

FLEAS!!!

I hope I got your attention. 1 star is generous. Let me begin. I was staying for only 1 night with my dog. Approximately 5 minutes after I checked into the room I noticed a bug on my leg and swatted it away thinking nothing of it. A minute later, I noticed another and then more on my socks. I knew that if I had these bugs, my dog would have them. Sure enough, they were all over her. For the record, she is 12 years old and has NEVER had fleas. I don't know if we picked them up in the small patch of grass in the parking lot or in the room. I do know that I didn't notice them until we were in the room for a few minutes. I proceeded to bathe my dog for the next 2 and a half hours trying to get rid of the fleas. I informed the front desk and they sent someone up to spray something into the corners of the room (which will do nothing to get rid of fleas, you have to fumigate). Front desk said they would refund my money since there were no other rooms available. Then, after the bath had overflow, the front desk guy said they would not refund my money. I thought I might be able to stay if I got rid of the fleas from me and my dog but whenever I walked out of the bathroom near the bed, I found a couple more fleas hopping onto my feet. I decided I couldn't stay. Also, I wasn't able to rid all of the fleas from my dog so on my way home picked up flea & tick shampoo and bathed her again when I got home. So I paid $200 to drive 70 miles, get fleas and drive back home 70 miles. The front desk guy offered NO sympathy whatsoever. He may have said sorry but didn't show one ounce of remorse towards my situation. My weekend was ruined, period.

The rest of the room? Smelled like it used to be a smoking room. 15 inch tube tv. No toothpaste, toothbrush, cups, etc. A couple small bars of soap and travel sized shampoo were all they offered. Oh, but fleas were free of charge!

I don't know what was worse, my experience in the room or with staff. They still have a chance to win me over if the manager ever calls back or if someone from corporate returns my call. Until then, as a civil human being I have to urge everyone to avoid this place.

Room tip: Spend more money for a decent place
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ctoph75

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problem about flies you encountered on your dog near our hotel. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action to ensure that this incident of flies in one of our room, We had got pest service person today, as per him some sweet thing on grass might have sticked to your dogs foot and flies came for it. Please check your dogs foots if you come across such situation again, you will be able to avoid such problem again in future. As I had talked on phone on 07/16/17, you had used the room and bathroom, I was able to refunded half the amount $100.00 on Sunday and we were not able to rent this room for 4 days until pest serviced. I sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.