Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$142
View deal
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviews front desk free breakfast asbury park indoor pool tiara clint microwave grove
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2019 via mobile

Our usual place to stay while visiting family. This stay 12/24 & 25/19 will be our last. Overall clean only two towel sets and no hand/face soap only bath gel mounted on shower. Christmas morning brkfst was good but missed oatmeal. The next morning after waiting over 10 min a guest had to get coffee refill from kitchen area. Also the inside bottom of the bath door appeared to need cleaning as a variety of "stuff" seemed to be spilled, dripped whatever on it. Was also disappointed that the pool was closed by health Dept. Employees encountered were friendly and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank G. Steven S
jennyhHU, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2020

We sincerely apologize this was your experience. It is our number one priority to make sure all of our guests have an exceptional stay, and we're disappointed we fell short. As you noted, this is not typical of our hotel, and we hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2019

We just got home from this hotel. We only stayed one night. The room itself seemed clean and the check in went fine. Two of the main reasons we picked this hotel was the free breakfast and the indoor pool. I was in the area for a tennis tournament for my sons and I always look for these two features.

The nights sleep went fine. We got into the hotel around 11:00pm so it was quick showers for the kids and straight to bed. In the morning I got up and into the bathroom for a shower and realized for some reason the hotel only had two full sized towels for a room with two beds. Not wanting to have to dress and wander down to the front desk to get towels I used hand towels, which is not so fun for someone who is 6'4".

My sons and I went down for breakfast a little before 9am, which was a busy time but would be typical on a Saturday as people tend to sleep in. The set up and variety of food looked good. However, almost all of the hot food was empty. There were remnants of eggs, but nothing else. Guest after guest went up to the breakfast bar opening the hot food trays and realized they were empty. There were no cups at all, for juice or coffee out. To make matters worse the only person working kept complaining about how she just cleans rooms and breakfast isn't her job. The breakfast was extremely disappointing.

Lastly, upon arrival we were notified that the pool was closed and it would be open sometime "tomorrow afternoon". Well we were only there for one night, so no pool for us. I knew my sons' match schedules for their tournament before we arrived and I knew we would have time to kill in the morning so the pool was key. But it was closed. We went and checked in the morning and it said closed by "the department of health". Hmmm....

Overall I would not stay at this hotel again. I saved $20 by not going to the Hampton Inn across the street where we had stayed before. Big mistake.

1  Thank Keith M

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your recent stay. We do our very best to make sure everyone who stays with us feels at home, and we're disappointed we fell short. This is not typical of our hotel, and we hope you consider staying with us again, so we can show you the exceptional service and accommodations we are known for.

Reviewed 20 December 2019

Upon arrival we were told that the elevator wasn't working and we would have to climb the stairs to our room. No offer by anyone to take our bags for us (we are seniors) or any compensation in price of the room. I noted in earlier reviews that they have had elevator problems before. Otherwise the place is okay, breakfast standard Holiday Inn Express. The clock in the room was set to the wrong time and we couldn't figure out how to change. An informational brochure in the desk didn't include any information about the TV stations. The price is good. Front desk staff could use some training on attentiveness to customers. They seemed more interested in talking to each other than the guests. Avoid room near pool. We were subjected to teenage boys running and yelling up and down the hall to the pool until around 10:15pm.

Room tip: Stay away from 1st floor - pool is very noisy
1  Thank Therese C
jennyhHU, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. We sincerely apologize you experienced several issues during your stay. Unfortunately the elevator was out of order for a few days, but was repaired as quickly as possible. We're disappointed to hear of the other issues you experienced, and we'll be sure to address them with management and the team to improve moving forward. Thank you again for your feedback, and we hope you consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 7 November 2019

I was at a business meeting in Ocean Grove. I debated staying in one of the historic inns on the water, but decided I'd be just as happy in something cheaper and 4 miles away. It turned out to be a good decision. This is an unsurprising Holiday Inn Express, but I don't want to be surprised on a routine travel night. The bathroom was clean. There were plenty of towels. The bed was comfortable and the price was modest. What more could a girl ask.

Room tip: The beach is an easy four miles away. There are plenty of restaurants that are an easy drive. Suited me.
Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2019

I trust trip advisor and use it often to decide where to stay. I read reviews about this hotel and thought it would be k. I was WRONG.

We stayed here in Aug 2019.

One arrival I was told rudely that the elevator isnt working. The receptionist seems to not care and we had to lug our belongings via three steep staircase. The staff seemed to not care and not did they offer any help. It became clear talking to other guests that the elevator has been broken for many months.

Many of the guests at this property have been staying here for months. Seems the hotel has some setup with government agencies to shelter either homeless or or other dislocated people. There were some who have were there for many months.

As we walked to our room, it was apparent that there was thrash bags lying in the corridor that no one seems to pick up. See attached picture.

Next day during breakfast, the serving was limited, there was no yogurt no milk, the lady who was serving said they dont offer any cereal. There was NONE of the usual breakfast fares that you would expected at a holiday inn express. I was surprised that holiday inn corporate is not aware of what goes on in this property.

This place is tarnishing the holiday inn brand. This property seems to not follow any rules or meet an expectation of its guests.

Worse the swimming pool was closed as they said there is some faulty valve that cannot be repaired. On further inquiry it seems its been broken for many weeks and management doesnt seem to think its an urgent priority.

The rooms are dated ,unclean and you want find the usual toiletries that you would expect. If you call guest service, they will rudely say that you will have to go down to pick up bar soap or a sachet of shampoo. Terrible.

All in hall I would suggest you just stay away from this hotel. For $110 you would find plenty better options near by. There a hotels almost next door on route 33 which may offer better value.

Hope my honest review helps other.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank europetour2010
jennyhHU, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2019

We sincerely apologize that this was your experience. We are aware of several issues over the summer that negatively impacted our guests stays, but they were quickly resolved. We are confused by your comments about our pool as it was never closed for more than a day or two over the entire summer. Again, we sincerely apologize this was your experience. We hope you consider staying with us in the future so we can show you the exceptional service and accommodations we're known for.