All reviews pancake machine front desk the breakfast area the jersey shore yogurt free breakfast is asbury park major road wedding guests small refrigerator business center would stay here again short drive tiara wawa nj clint
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We traveled here to be close to Seaside Park, NJ. Never been to the Jersey shore and wanted a peek. The hotel was very nice, clean and modern. The day staff was very Nice.There was a problem with the key to the room. We had to keep returning to reset the key. We were advised to keep them away from Credit Cards and cell phones.
The price for a room was amazing! but the drive to Seaside Park was about 30 min.
Unfortunately we had an Medical emergency back home and had to return just 3 hours after checking in. I informed the desk staff as to the emergency. I was very impressed with Tiara and Erin who expressed empathy and understanding I felt it worth noting their professionalism. Then amazingly, they adjusted the bill so that I didn't have to pay the full amount. I believe the third person was the desk manager Paul, who seemed to approve of what they did for me.
This is why I am a Holiday Inn Patron.

Room Tip: Not much to see around the property, except for HWY66 out front
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Here I go again. Stayed here Jun 2015 and gave it a bad review. It's now August 2018, stayed again. Some things don't change. The main reason NOT to stay here is the slamming of everyone's room doors all hours of the night. Nobody is considerate. Every door SLAMS shut. No sleep at this hotel. The next problem is the bathroom doors don't stay open. The breakfast and the attendee suck! The non speaking breakfast worker is rude and doesn't make sure garbages are emptied, pancake bag mix is refilled. Gross free breakfast but this is a holiday inn so you shouldn't expect Hilton breakfasts. Tip: get rid of the pancake machine! it is a waste. Also have creamers, half n half for your 24hr coffee and KEEP THE LIGHTS ON IN THE BREAKFAST AREA FOR THE COFFEE. So unaccommodating to guests. The days of free cookies are long gone. Again this isnt a Hilton or Best Western. The only plus in 2018 is this hotel is 20 min from beach and cheaper for what you get. Hoping this is my last trip here as this is my 4th or 5th time in about 10yrs coming here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jenny H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

We sincerely apologize this was your experience. We have addressed your concerns with management, and we will look into ways to improve moving forward.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Let it be noted that the only reason that this particular hotel has high ratings in Neptune, is because there are so few options locally. That being said, The staff was delightful and attentive. Easy check in. Parking lot right our front so no long walk to far away rooms.
Our room was on the 4th floor, clean and very average. Modern decor. The air conditioning in the room was either blowing so cold that we were freezing or not enough and we were hot. The room smelled a bit mildewy but wasn't;t a huge deal, as we were only staying a night and figured not to make a big deal about it. Beds were comfortable with plenty of pillows. The bathroom door did not stay open, you had to request a door stop from the front desk.
15 minutes to Asbury Park, we took an Uber, for about 15 dollars. Request a room on the opposite side of the street, or you will be hearing cars all night and in morning.

Room Tip: choose room not facing the street and not on ground (2) level.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank wkdudiva
Jenny H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your feedback, and we hope you choose to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I stay at this location twice a month for business. Tiara at the front desk is excellent and has been there for 6 years plus. Rooms are clean, hot breakfast and the morning great for business travelers.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Jenny H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Wow - thank you so much! We are thrilled that you have chosen to stay with us again and had another terrific stay. We will be sure to share your comments with Tiara and the rest of the staff as I am sure it will brighten their day. Thank you again!

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I use this hotel regularly for business. Rooms are clean, breakfast is simple but good. It's quiet and situated well. The staff is courteous, they always remember me and welcome me. I went down and checked out the amenities, all seem nice. Good rewards offered by Holiday Inn too.

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd floor back.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Hotels_Unlimited_Inc, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Neptune, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it!