“Exceptional Mexican!”

Taqueria Maria's
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friends turned me on to this place. It's a small shop, very out of the way, but they have an extensive menu. The food was prepared fresh, and was delicious. Prices bery reasonable. Will return!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

went on a sat nite. made a reservation. place is small and has some outside seating. sat fairly quickly but the owner/mgr wasnt sure if they even took reservations. in any event we sat and waited 50 minutes to receive food/ the service was horrendous.could be they were overwhelmed with everyone sitting at 630. but i surmised it was the takeout orders along with the sat crowd that created the disaster.
the food is good. really good. but id recommend calling ahead and taking the food home.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Stopped here on a Monday for a late lunch and enjoyed our meal. The establishment is not very big (10-12 tables) and maybe 10 counter spot stools but they put out good food.

Their menu has a good variety of Mexican staples but we had the tacos. The pollo (chicken) was tasty and juicy but pretty normal. The really tasty tacos were the marinated pork, Mexican sausage, and seasoned pork cubes.

They offer flour tortillas and can prepare the tacos "American" style or you can choose Mexican style. We shoe the latter and the soft tortillas (corn) were doubled up and did not break apart at all, even thought there were some moist toppings. The toppings included greens, onions, cilantro and seasonings. The hot sauce had some kick but worth it.

Overall a good meal and decent prices. The restaurant is right on the main road so it could be easy to miss.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

While in Jamesburg NJ we were wanting Mexican food and saw that Taqueria Maria's got great reviews so we decided to go for dinner.

It's a small restaurant in residential area and I'm guessing it was someone's home at one time. The "food" sign outside is about as big as the restaurant with 6 tables inside and space for 4 more to sit at the bar to eat. While the place may be small, the portions were big as were the flavors.

Everything was made to order using fresh ingredients. Our party had a chicken burrito bowl, verde enchiladas, and chicken empanadas. All were delicious and flavorful; the freshest Mexican food I've ever had (and I've had my share).

Chips and salsa were provided as well. The chips were ok, not many of them, and not as fresh as the other food served, but the 2 salsa were delicious. One was the color of tomato soup, not chunky or spicy but a good taste. The second was green and chunky with a bit of a kick. Wish we were given more of each kind, they were both very good.

1  Thank Jill D
Reviewed 23 August 2017

My husband and I stopped in for lunch today as we were in the area and it has received great reviews. The place has a very authentic feel and the food was good. It is a tight place so and the weather was just to hot to sit out side but I suppose if the weather was cooler that would allow for more customers. The staff was very friendly to all of the customers. I do not plan to be back in the area so I probably will not revisit but if I do find myself back over that way I certainly would.