“None Better !!”

Add it.
Garvey's Pub
Ranked #23 of 47 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Our recent visit to the Garvey's Pub was great! Family atmosphere, great food and reasonable prices. Along with a wide selection of choices.

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Wife and I went there for early lunch Friday. Reasonably priced lunch specials, clean and "homey.Spacious dining area. Fireplace going on a damp day.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

My mom passed away on Thanksgiving night and a memorial service was planned for Saturday, December 10th at the church she had attended for over forty five years in Helmetta. We needed a restaurant to have the repast and not living in the area for several years I didn't know where to go. A friend recommended Garvey's so I called and stopped by. I couldn't have asked for a nicer place for family and friends to gather on such a solemn day. Kay and Bob Garvey were wonderful and so accommodating. I was surprised to find out Garvey's was the former Emmett's Inn, a place my sister and I had gone to many times when we were younger. When I visited, Bob introduced himself and gave me a tour as we chatted about the old days. The waitress there gave me the menu for our event and the next day I spoke to Kay on the phone and reserved the date. The interior was very cozy and decorated for the Christmas season. My mom would have loved it! We had a separate glass enclosed room with a full buffet of food that everyone raved about! The most tender and tasty London broil and chicken piccata with assorted salads, vegetables, potatoes and bread. Delicious cookies and a variety of pies were served for dessert. Coffee and tea and cold beverages were included and a cash bar was available just a few steps away. It was fabulous for our group. Kay even made sure there was an extra table covered with holiday tablecloths to be used for memorabilia. The waitresses were lovely and Kay and Bob were outstanding! I am so grateful for my friend's recommendation and for all of us to celebrate the life of my mom at Garvey's. Even though we live in Ocean County we will surely go back to dine at Garvey's . . . wonderful people, delicious food and outstanding owners. I highly recommend everyone to go to Garvey's!

Reviewed 7 December 2016

We love this place! Great family restaurant. Try the meatball sandwich We have been being going here for years.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

I cannot tell you how awful this place is! I went there with my family for St Patrick's Day. The food was HORRIBLE! We ordered the traditional Corned Beef and Cabbage. They must have dragged the food up from the bottom of the pot because all we got were shards of extremely over-cooked corned beef. I am NOT exaggerating! It looked like dog food! When we complained the owner was hostile and would not replace our food. I couldn't believe it!

What a thing! Crappy, disgusting food and no one would give us a different plate.
All around us people were enjoying slices of nicely served corned beef while we got this slop!

I even followed the owner over to another patron's table, all the while carrying my dish of slivered beef. I asked her to compare the plates. Then, and only then, wouldn't she replace my food-- but she still would NOT replace the food sitting in front of my two adult children and my granddaughter. I'll never, ever go back to Garvey's. And if you don't want to be treated like dirt, and fed slop, I suggest you never go to Garvey's in Monroe two, NJ!

Been to Garvey's Pub? Share your experiences!