“Great owner!”

Docks Corner Tavern
Ranked #16 of 47 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 September 2015

This place is not the prettiest, but the owner is great and it is a very friendly place to relax after work.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

OK, don't come to impress ur new chick. Come here if u want to feel old school drinker and partier in rural Merka. This rundown, needs paint and wood staining everywhere, dive bar is not a bar, it is a roadhouse. passed by by the expansion to the nearby NJ Pike, the one from the movies, real NJ Pike, 95 mph and blasting Bruce tunes, then U exit at Exit 8A, select the right turn off the ramp, turn right again onto Cranbury/South River road, go 1 mile and u will see Docks Corner road, Dang dawg, the roadhouse is named after the street, that is real old school. Go 1.4 miles and u can't miss Docks Corner Tavern. There aint no corner, the roadhouse is on a straight stretch of road. lol: lol:, turn in and lose ur mind. drab, scrapped circumstances hide the history of Docks, it was a destination years ago, prize boxing matches behind the bar in an open air ring. I can't praise this place enough. It is a Burgerheaven. specifically, the Houston burger. The Chix wings are lame, but I tell you , I tell you , that if u ask Christine the 50's aged yet still hot, barmaid, she will make sure your French Fries are as u desired. I like my French fries a cripsy level that 80% of bars can please me when my fries are delivered. Docks Corner Tavern Crispy Grease Laden Fries are a time journey back to when you were in High School and you eat a hot dish of Fries with ur chick at Dairy Queen. Only at Docks, you can shoot pool while Christine cooks ur fries. The times that I go there are late. It is open til 1:45 w package goods. I have seen the few people that patronize it from all social groups, Mexican labors, punks w tatto's, polluted civil servants, Sports watchers on the 6 TV's, Tables are set with silver and items suggesting people actual not at the bar, will eat there. AND they do, I love Docks, go there with a designated driver and have a great time wondering what plant and time zone from the Outer Limits show u have landed in. OMG, i spent 60 bucks there one morn 1:35am, on 2 cheeseburgers w the works, two orders of buffalo wings, and a six of Heineken, I walked the 2 miles home balancing the meal on my handle bars and side packs on mt Bike. Best thing about Docks for me is that if I have 3 or 4 beers, I live close and can walk my mt Bike and my package goods home thus avoiding a drunk cycling thing ( in NJ, bike laws mirror car laws ) But I say, I say, have the French Fries well crisped, but not totally crispped and your mind will wander as you slowly pour Heinz ketchup over your well salted French Fries. Agin the crowd is a non operative word. There are never more then 8 people their in a bar that has 85 seats in diff configs around the bar areas. Wonderful place and non judgemental employees, all seem welcome, what ever country, religion, or level of social work status, Docks is just a happening place, only dont tell ur friends.

1  Thank burgerheaven123

Been to Docks Corner Tavern? Share your experiences!