“Good food and a nice place”

Baker’s American Bar & Grille
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Monroe
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. The food was really good and the place renovation looks great. Prices are reasonable. Nice place in Monroe!

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The jersey boy burger is VG and the band Philly heart and soul was too.if u like a band with a horn section like Johnny O you will like this band. Great time!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My fiancee and I stopped in here for lunch and to get out of the rain the other day. The food was delicious. She had the baby back ribs (I ate half) which we both thoroughly enjoyed. Very rangy and falls right off the bone. I had a burger, which tasted great. I overheard a bartender telling another customer that they are known for their burgers. I can understand why. When we go back, I will try the ribeye! The salad, however, was straight from the fridge. The atmosphere is friendly, even cozy for such a large place. The service was excellent!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Four of us had dinner at Jack Baker's on a Saturday night and my thoughts are mixed. The food was good; I had salmon, which was very generous in size and quite tasty, while the others had fish and chips, pork chops, and steak. Plates were cleaned, which is always a good sign. The meals came with side salads and vegetables. Desserts were good and very large in size. One dessert could easily feed two people. Service was good, although our server did forget to bring one of the desserts. It finally came when we brought the mistake to her attention. My only real complaint is that the restaurant was extremely noisy making it difficult to converse without shouting. I understand that Saturday night is a busy night, but the acoustics are terrible. Reservations are accepted for parties of eight or more, but if you have a smaller group, you can call 15 minutes before you arrive and be put on a list. Parking is plentiful, and the restaurant is easily accessible on Route 33.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I pass this restaurant all the time but never tried it. We're so bored with all the usual places we go so for our latest date night we decided to give it a shot. I'm so glad we did! The space is big enough that we didn't have to wait to be seated. We got onion rings for an appetizer. They were average. Our entrees came with a soup or salad and bread. My husband's chicken vegetable soup was very salty and my Caesar salad was ok but nothing special. The bread was a nice touch. The real standouts of this meal were the entrees however. I had the meatloaf and my husband had the balsamic chicken. Both were excellent and the primary reason for the four dot rating on this review. The portions were very large, served hot and well presented. We agreed that each of our entrees were the best we've had in a restaurant in a long time. If the appetizers and soup/salads were a little better this absolutely would be a five dot rating. The price for our meal was just over $50 with the tip. We've paid far more for much poorer dining experiences before. We look forward to returning soon to try more entrees.