“So good! ”

Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Monroe
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I pass this restaurant all the time but never tried it. We're so bored with all the usual places we go so for our latest date night we decided to give it a shot. I'm so glad we did! The space is big enough that we didn't have to wait to be seated. We got onion rings for an appetizer. They were average. Our entrees came with a soup or salad and bread. My husband's chicken vegetable soup was very salty and my Caesar salad was ok but nothing special. The bread was a nice touch. The real standouts of this meal were the entrees however. I had the meatloaf and my husband had the balsamic chicken. Both were excellent and the primary reason for the four dot rating on this review. The portions were very large, served hot and well presented. We agreed that each of our entrees were the best we've had in a restaurant in a long time. If the appetizers and soup/salads were a little better this absolutely would be a five dot rating. The price for our meal was just over $50 with the tip. We've paid far more for much poorer dining experiences before. We look forward to returning soon to try more entrees.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Good food in this sports bar. It was very crowded when we went for dinner, service was very slow, and the place was quite noisey.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Bakers American Bar and Grill is the spot my family has been looking for since we moved to New Jersey. Located in Monroe township it can be the place for you too. They have all the classic bar food and a wide menu of comfort based food. Do try their wood fired pizza..so delicious. Price points are very good for the portions of food you'll get so be ready for the take home bag. If your looking for a watering hole this is it. Multiple big screens around the bar with a wide range of MLB,NFL,NBA and UFC can be watched. Try the wings that come from classic buffalo all the way up to Florida asphalt! Wash it down with their wide variety of beer or a well crafted mix drink. Bring some friends or make a few new ones as you enjoy American Bar and Grill.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit here and the food is still mediocre. I ordered a blackened grilled chicken wrap. The food was warm the chicken was chopped up almost shredded abd it wasn't blackened. A small order of fries and a pickle came with it. My friends ordered burgers. They looked pretty large but overall the establishment has a lower end bar type atmosphere. That wad my last visit.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

This place is near where I will be getting my radiation treatments.
I had the Buffalo chicken salad that was very good.
Will stop in again, for sure.