“Slightly above average”

Faros Greek Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The restaurant is very tiny so I would suggest making a reservation. I liked my meal BBQ octopus and lemon potatoes), but it was not exceptional. Initially, they severed me cold potatoes that appeared to be hanging around for some time. Upon request they were replaced with fresher potatoes. While the potato portion was generous, the octopus portion was not.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Hidden Gem! Don't let the strip mall venue fool you. This is a small, family run restaurant with lovely service and the best of Greek cuisine. The best pasticcio ever. My favorite is the lamb shank in a veggie/lemon sauce. Falls of the bone. Complimentary olive spread and herb butter with toasty bread. Try the flaming saginaki cheese to start, you will love it! Take-out if you wish. BYOB. It is small and can get busy, so make a reservation for peak times.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Don't let the outside facade fool you, the food is authentic and amazing! They accommodated our large party (5 adults, 2 kids) last minute. The food was incredible! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meals and there was enough leftover for lunch the next day. PS it's BYOB but there's a liquor store within walking distance.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This place has great food, a good sized menu, attentive staff. My mom and I ate here for lunch while I'm visiting from out of town. We will have to go for dinner next time I'm here. This was excellent. I had the beef and lamb gyro with fries and my mom had a salad. The fries have a bit of seasoning and feta on them. It was a nice touch. The gyro is generous and fresh. There are a lot of items that look intriguing on the menu. A large group behind us had a lot of good looking things on their table. The only negative is that it's small so I'm worried about getting a table for dinner - we will see...

Reviewed 27 August 2017

My wife and I are from Boston, and were visiting my mother in Monroe. Well, we certainly didn't expect to find a Greek restaurant this good or this authentic just a mile from her place. It is the best and most authentic Greek food we've had in the United States, and matches any we've experienced in Greece. Between the three of us we had the plate of five appetizers, the egg-lemon soup, the moussaka, the chicken souvlaki, and the Greek pork chops. All were excellent, and there was so much we took out two 'doggie bags'. We were so full that we had to force ourselves to try some baklava for dessert - and it was worth it. The owner and staff (family) were very friendly, likewise the service. We will certainly go here again the next time we come down.