“Kabob meat almost melted in my mouth. . . . .”
Review of Pita Pita

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pita Pita
Ranked #15 of 31 Restaurants in Milltown
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 4 January 2017

My husband and I were at Pita Pita over the weekend and we are glad we stopped in.

I had the beef kabob platter and he had the lamb steak platter. Both of our meals were great.

The beef in my platter was so tender that it practically melted in my mouth. . . .there was no need for a knife. The lamb in my husband's platter was cooked just the way he liked it, but, due to the cut of the meat he did need a knife to get smaller pieces to eat. But, the taste and preparation of the meat was not an issue.

The platters are served with a small salad and with rice. . . . and there was more than enough food there. (Plus the rice is pretty tasty on its own!).

We just barely had room for dessert but we decided to try the Creme Caramel.

Oh are we glad we did. It was delicious. The best way that I guess I could describe it would be that it was like a creamy bread pudding but not with bread. The caramel sauce gets soaked into the cake and it is just wonderful.

We were there for lunch but were still full and satisfied and dinner so we did not bother cooking.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

I ordered the chicken schwarma for lunch and suffice it to say, I left with a full stomach and a smile on my face. It was a generous portion for the price I paid and even though the wait time was a little long, it was definitely worth it. The people working at the counter were very nice and even told me that I didn't have to pay if I didn't like the food. Definitely check this place out if you're ever in Milltown and want something more than the Domino's or Subway's right next to Pita PIta.

Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

Chicken kebab, falafel, and grape leaves were tasty. We enjoyed our meal and the owner was very friendly and nice. We will be back.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

It's a fast food Mediterranean restaurant, provides seating but the food is fair to poor. If you're looking for good pita, falafel and shwarma, go to South River, but not here. We tried several dishes, including both shwarma and the chicken was inedible. It was so dry, you couldn't eat the small pieces, they would break your tooth. the falafel was fair and the babaganush wasn't bad, just not great. Why spend the money when you can go down Milltown rd to Main St in South River and eat the same cuisine except the food there is excellent. The only reason why I didn't give it a poor rating is that the owner was nice.

Been to Pita Pita? Share your experiences!