“A+ Solid diner”
Review of New Monmouth Diner

New Monmouth Diner
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Middletown
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The New Monmouth is one of my go-to places for lunch hour. It is not soy-free. But the gyros and Greek salad are one of my usual plates, and I never leave hungry even without the fries. They have excellent mashed potatoes and their specials cards change daily if you are on a budget and a little brace to try something unusual. These folks make one of the best diner burgers around, nice char and juicy and anything you can want piled on them. My colleague has had the meatloaf and likes it. They have some great looking pies and cake too but I never tried them.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

New Monmouth Diner is a great place to meet friends and family for a great meal. The owners and manager are very friendly. The wait staff are on the ball. The only exception with the staff is when they are training new waiters or waitresses. The portions are generous. I usually can't finish my meal. I take home the leftovers for another day. There is a wonderful dessert selection, too. Thefy have a rewards program where you earn points based on the total amount of your check, not including the tip. Once you earn 250 points, you can take $20.00 off your next visit. If you choose to save your points up to 500, you can get $50.00 off your check. You have to ask for a card to take part in the program. The diner was recently remodeled with new steps to the entrance, new flooring, new wall tiles and new booths. Try s new place to eat the next time you're in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This is my favorite place to eat each time I am in town. I order the Grilled cheese with tomato, and I have them add swiss cheese to it. The sandwich comes with a huge serving of cole slaw and tons of very tasty and hot french fires for only $7.00! It is only minutes from ordering until you are served. Never disappointed!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I totally agree with the Asbury Park Press who recently ranked the New Monmouth Diner as the number 1 diner in Monmouth County. In true diner form, the fare is good and the portions, well for example, the meatloaf I ordered there was so substantial I had it for lunch the next two days!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Had breakfast with my adult son here. I live nearby and he was surprised I'd never been here before. Watching my weight so I ordered oatmeal and a fruit plate. The oatmeal was not very hot and was really gummy - would not recommend it. The fruit was Ok - but they gave me some strawberries that were bruised and some blueberries that were mushy. I think I'll skip this place and have breakfast elsewhere.