“improved”

Crown Palace Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 53 Restaurants in Middletown
Reviewed 29 August 2017

the food is good, nice sit down Chinese restaurant. The service was awesome they were very attentive you don't have to wait forever to eat and be served. The waiters are very professional looking wearing formal attire. Although the place had been run down (slightly) needs updating on glass windows and the entrance. Get rid of the foul smelling aquarium because it is really discouraging. Everything we ordered were very good. The tinapa rice, steamed fish etcetc. Definitely would come back because we love Chinese food!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We don't love the regular food here, but have been fans of their Dim Sum for years. This said, we felt that the food had gone downhill the last couple of years.

We had a craving this weekend, and I have to say, the food was markedly better. Homemade crab Xiao Long Bao were fresh and delicious. The rice noodle dumplings were hot and excellent. Their siu mai were good as we'll.

We been driving to Royal Seafood in Avenel for our Dim Sum fix (but it's 40 minutes away). So if CP stays consistent, than we'd come back here again and again.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

We are always looking for 'sit down' Chinese restaurants. There are two Crown Palace restaurants - one in Manalapan, and one in Middletown. The Manalapan restaurant is very good and well maintained, however, the Middletown location needs some improvement. The interior is run down and food was just so-so.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

The place is big and we were greeted at the entrance way by a member of the staff and he ushered us to the table.They do have a liquor license, which is a plus for a Chinese restaurant. The staff was polite and courteous. The food, in my option was just OK - nothing special, not bad. I had high expectations. I was a little annoyed that something that I ordered had a certain ingredient in it that is not typically in this, and I can't eat that ingredient. When I mentioned this to the waiter, that I didn't expect this to have a certain thing in it, he basically told me not to order it the next time. Be it as it may, he should have offered to get me something else at no charge. My husband liked the food, probably more than I did. What I'll never understand,is why, if you are one of the last few people in the restaurant, do they have to start setting tables, running past your table, clinking dishes and silverware, and making such a ruckus around you so you can not enjoy the rest of the dinner. It makes you uncomfortable and make you want to leave - and I guess that is their strategy. We are paying for a "night out" and don't like to feel like we are being rushed out.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

The selection of food was great for a buffet restaurant but the food was tepid at best.They need to check on the food to see how long it was out.